Monday, March 21, 2011

How Ya Bean Streetcorner Josh? and Book Review: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Between working full time at my day job, running my store, and blogging everyday - I hardly get a chance to submit for publications. When Paper Crafts was doing their sketch card call, this was the only card I was able to get out. Obviously, it didn't get picked...but I still love it!

Paper: Basic Grey Wander
Stamps: Sparkle Creations Streetcorner Josh, sentiment is A Muse
BG Brads, EK Success Punches, BG Brads, and Copics

I will admit that I started this book in January.  I stopped reading it the week I left for CHA and I just finally got back to it to finish it.  This book is about a 9 year old boy, Oskar, who loses his dad in the World Trade Center on 9/11.  Oskar finds a key in his dad's closet and goes a wild chase across New York City to find the lock that goes with this key.


This book is completely confusing, because there's another parallel story going on about Oskar's grandfather.  A little after 3/4 way into the book, it all comes together and then it made so much more sense to me.  I didn't like how the book ended at all, but I can't really tell you why or it'll spoil the story.  Overall, it left me curious and I'm the type that likes to know, lol.

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!  It's back to work for me...no more Bachelor, but Hawaii Five-O is on tonight!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this! Your sentiments are so cute. Love the paper and the street sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is really neat. I don't know if it is supposed to look like a map, but I like how it reminds me of one. I do so admire your skills with Copics. Josh looks fabulous. Sorry it didnt' get picked though. I hope you don't burn out with all that you've got going on. I'd be so sad!

    Thanks for the book review. Not sure it's one I'd enjoy, but I like your assessments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I like how you cut the image out. Perfect paper as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What?! I can't believe that fab card wasn't picked up...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card!! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, fabulous card, what a cute character and love the perfect papers!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe, wonderful and sooo cool!veric

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gorgeous, Sparkle! I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That paper is too cool!! Thanks for the book review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this is ADORABLE!!! I can't believe it didn't get picked! Mondays just aren't the same. I am not a Dancing With the Stars fan:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card! Love how you colored his shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a fabulous card, Sparkle! they should have picked it!! super card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks