Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweet DeeDee and Goal Updates

I love this Basic Grey paper pack, so I hoard it.  Though it's a regular color now, I am still stashing my old Baja Breeze cardstock, lol!  In an effort to actually use my stuff, I put this together.  I also combined a spiral felt flower with one of my primas.  This is my new addiction, so you'll be seeing plenty more of these in the future!

Paper: Basic Grey Marjolaine
Stamps: TGF, sentiment is Impress
CTMH Pewter Brads, Copics, Twine, Felt, Pearls, Prima Flowers, and EK Success Border Punch

It was the first of the month yesterday, but since I had the SCRS challenge post up, I decided to wait til today to check in with my goals. 

Work Goals
  • Learn Flash
  • Complete Illustrator and Photoshop Tutorials
  • Technical Writing Class
Though I haven't made much progress on this, I've been coloring more images in Photoshop.  Once I get going, you'll get to see some fun and cute SCRS characters! :) 

SCRS Goals
  • Sell enough stamps to pay for each release - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Attend CHA
  • Copic Intermediate Certification Class
  • Post 3 Sparkle Creations cards each week - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
I was able to meet my sales goal for February and post 3 SCRS cards a week on my blog.  Not too shabbie!

Personal Goals
  • DSLR Photo Class
  • Visit Catherine (my bff)
  • Re-dedicating myself to making my Christmas cards and tags
  • Surprise trip for Brent's 30th birthday
I was gonna sign up for Jessica Sprague's Oh, Shoot! class, but since it's still freezing out, I opted for the summer course.  I knew if I signed up for it now, I wouldn't want to go outside and take the required pictures.  But my Chicago trip is coming along nicely - I just booked my hotel and flight for Summer CHA and for the second part of my trip, Catherine is finding some great restaurants for us to try.  My Christmas cards are slowly getting there, but I am actively working on them.  I'm having some set backs with planning Brent's birthday trip, but that is another story for another day, lol. 

Overall, I guess I'm not much further from where I was last month.  But I'm happy with just making my sales goal for SCRS!  I hope you all have a lovely hump day!

16 comments:

  1. your card is so sweet, Sparkle! so happy to hear that you achieved some of your goals, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee Dee is so cute on there - I smiled at your comments about hoarding ... isn't that prerequisite for a paper crafter?

    :) M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little girl...Beautiful card. I love the DP too and these colors are great !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, sweet card, Sparkle. I like the felt flower on the Prima. Great idea.

    Congrats on reaching some of your goals for the month. That's awesome about your sales!

    Did you actually watch BL last night or did you record it? Kind of wondering what you thought about it and Arthur?

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute card...love the bloom...did you use a die for it?

    woooo hooooo for your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh so so SWEET, great coloring!!!~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! I love the new feltie flower you added. Sounds like you're hard at work on your goals as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute and great coloring. I have a hard time making darker colored skin. love the paper too! have a great hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is super adorable! i love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute card. great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute card, and yay for making even a little progress on your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's just darling! How wonderful that you are coming along on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your Dee Dee card!! You colored her skin tone perfect! Would you mind sharing the copic colors you used? I can never get this skin tone right! Great progress on your goals too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks