Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine Swimming Lucy and Goal Updates

So Lucy is Brent's favorite.  {I personally think it's cute that he has a favorite.}  And while I was tempted to use Emily for his valentine, I relented and used Lucy instead.  There's no way to make a masculine card with this image, but my card is a bit more simple, since I doubt Brent wants all the fluff, lol. 

For Valentine's Day we're going out to eat at Wild Ginger.  We've never been, but I'm excited to try something new.  Usually this is a pretty big holiday for us, but since we're saving for other things, we decided to do something a bit more low-key. 

Paper: Bo Bunny Crush
Stamps: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, sentiment is TGF
SU Top Note, Copics, Rhinestones, Felt, Heart Nestabilities, PTI Buttons, Twine, and Crystal Stickles

It's the beginning of the month and it's time to check in with my goals.  This month has been busy and full of action, plus me being sick, but proud that I was still able to get stuff done.

Work Goals
  • Learn Flash
  • Complete Illustrator and Photoshop Tutorials
  • Technical Writing Class
Though I haven't made much progress on this, I'm still very excited about the Scooter Chloe I was able to color digitally.

SCRS Goals
  • Sell enough stamps to pay for each release -                                                                              January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • Attend CHA
  • Copic Intermediate Certification Class
  • {Secret Goal} - Post 3 Sparkle Creations cards each week -                                                      January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
I just got back yesterday from Winter CHA, so I'm very excited to cross something off my list!  Also, I exceeded my sales goal for January, so hopefully I can carry it on through February!  And though I never stated my secret goal on New Years, I've been able to maintain it so far this last month!  Thanks for all the support everyone!

Personal Goals
  • DSLR Photo Class
  • Visit Catherine (my bff)
  • Re-dedicating myself to making my Christmas cards and tags
  • Surprise trip for Brent's 30th birthday
I've made progress in planning both of my trips to see Catherine and for Brent's surprise birthday trip.  I will be meeting up with Catherine for a girls weekend in Chicago after Summer CHA.  What beats going to CHA and seeing your BFF?  (Well, maybe if Catherine crafted too, lol.)  I haven't been doing that well with my Christmas cards...so I think I'm gonna dedicate Sundays and Wednesdays for just that.  We'll see how this change goes this month.

24 comments:

  1. SHUT UP!!! this is so stinkin' cute, sparkle! love the papers, the top note focal panel, and those gorgeous felt hearts! awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Brent will love it!

    Congrats on meeting those sales numbers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sparkle, hope you had an awesome time at CHA!
    Love this card, the DP and the image are so fun together.
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, love the felt hearts on this card. Great job creating a card Brent is sure to enjoy. Great progress on your goals, too. I've no doubt you'll achieve all you set out to accomplish. You have the determination and drive to make it so. *Ü* Welcome home from CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparkle, i´m sure Brent will love the card. It´s really sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooo cute:) You must be exhausted from CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, who would have thought to use swimming Lucy for Valentine's day. Brett will love it. Glad you had fun at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wild Ginger is awesome, I love going there! :) Enjoy your valentine's meal there with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love how you used Lucy for a Valentine card! Looks like you've got a great start on your goals too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! love the paper. I'm sure Brent will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card, Sparks! Brent will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your card!! I'm totally diggin the high contrast black-and-white with the pink and red accents. beautimus! And way to go on your goals - you reminded me that I need to update mine, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a cute card! you can tell your hubby that Lucy is you... *hint* hahaha! great card love the coloring. have a good hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute and Brent is going to love it! I can barely remember the days when we actually went out for Valenine's Day...

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is really cute! love how you used it for vday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! :) Love the colors
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am sure Brent will love this. love the simple design! fabulous card, sparkle! thanks for sharing your goals, too. so glad to hear that you made the sale goal for Sparkle Creations for January! I know it will continue!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute card for Brent. Too cute that he does have a favorite.

    And how nice for you that you were able to check off some of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card! Looks like you are working on your goals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks