Tuesday, February 15, 2011

SCRS Challenge #30 - Paper Piecing and Fall Charlotte Card

Today's challenge is paper piecing. Don't forget to check out the SCRS blog to see the rest of the DT's darling creations!


Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the adorable Lantern Rin rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

Though it's not anywhere close to fall, I just love this Charlotte and it's my favorite to paper piece.  Honestly, I don't think I've ever just colored her.  I hardly ever make shaped cards and I took another leap out of my comfort zone for this creation.  But overall I love how it turned out.

Paper: Basic Grey Pyrus
Stamps: Sparkle Creations Fall Charlotte, sentiment is A Muse
Copics, Nestabilities, Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Twine, Pearls, and EK Success Border Punch

To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of this post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keyword SCRSC30. If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, February 20 @ 9 PM PST.

I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  Biggest Loser is on.  I'm hoping the Black team can hold on!

16 comments:

  1. ooohhh...LOVE the challenge:) Such a fab card...what's up with all the wind and rain?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, is this ever pretty, Laurel. The paper you selected looks terrific pieced on the image. I like that you went out of your comfort zone and created a shaped card, too. Lovely!!

    From the promos I've seen BL looks to be pretty emotional tonight. Darn, I'll have to miss the first part, but hopefully the good stuff will happen a little later in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the shape of your card. Your paper piecing is amazing, Sparkle! I love this technique and you rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv-ly image and paper piecing Sparkle! It doesn't matter that it's past Fall, your card is amazing and look at it this way, you have one less card to make come Fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty with the paperpiecing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome colors and papers, and I love that sweet image. She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just darling! Love her paper pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!!! I'm hoping for Black too :) ..I don't like the new trainers at all..Blah
    mandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paper piecing rocks and so does your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute!! can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beauty, Sparkle! love how you pieced her. love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous... she's one of my favorite stamps but I just DON'T want to think about fall right now, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks