Thursday, February 10, 2011

By Lori Designs Challenge #4

I have some exciting news today as I made it on the By Lori Designs Challenge Team!  Below is this week's color challenge.  Don't forget to check out the BLD blog to see the rest of the DT's darling creations!   


I haven't done a color challenges in so long and I'll admit that I'm rusty at it.  I've gotten so use to just using my matching paper packs and embellishments.  I gotta brush up on those mixing patterned paper skills, lol.  I'll even admit to you, it took me 3 tries to finally get a card out that I really loved.  Is using kraft paper for my base cheating? 

Paper: SU, Basic Grey, My Minds Eye
Stamps: By Lori Designs, sentiment is PTI

PTI Ribbon, Nestabilities, Copics, White Gel Pen, BG Brads, Rhinestones, CB Embossing

We'll be celebrating two birthdays this weekend and I'm gonna give this card to my friend Cherie.  I also used this month's Sketch For You To Try for this.  I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!  Grey's and Private Practice are on tonight! 

25 comments:

  1. Cute card. I love the polka dots on her dress! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yahooooo....congrats on the new DT!!! you are one busy chickie...

    Thanks sooo much for the very fun happy mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!! I love your SWEET little gal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sparks...How FUN...love your card ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is too stinkin' cute! - fab job coloring her and no kraft is not cheating - it's neutral!!!
    Can't wait to see how much fun we're going to have on this team! Hugs,
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Sparkle! I love your card, especially how the dots on the dress and bow seem to pop out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes it's cheating but we still love you anyway, hahaha. ;) congrats on making the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! That image is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card Sparkle...love the layout and the kraft looks fab with the colours :)

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. very adorable card! congrats on making the team! actually hawaii has been chilly lately...right now it looks like it's going to rain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new DT! This is so cute!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love the kraft, I'm surprised I didn't use it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it!!!!! so pretty!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card and congrats on the new DT position.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats Sparkle! you will do a fabulous job for them! love your layout, stitches and your coloring. so cute! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card sparkle! So proud to work with such a talented team!! :D

    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. they are so lucky to have you on the team! beautiful coloring and such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to you, Sparkle! How fun! I've just discovered this line and think they are so adorable. Your card is terrific and I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet card, Sparks! Congrats on your new DT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on yet another well deserved DT. Though it doesn't surprise me your work is gorgeous, however it amazes me how you find the time to do everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG wonderful design its so cute!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks