Friday, January 21, 2011

Scooter Chloe Coming By and Book Review: The Undomestic Goddess

Sadly, this is officially my last Sugar Rush card.  But really it's a good thing, as it gives me more room for more paper, lol!  And I'm so excited to see the new Basic Grey packs at CHA!  Don't worry, I promise to come back with lots of great pics! 

Speaking of CHA, are any of you going?!?  Let me know as I would love to meet up!

Paper: Basic Grey Sugar Rush
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiments are A Muse and TGF
Nestabilities, Crystal Stickles, BG Bloomers, Copics, and BG Buttons

I've read all of Sophie Kinsella's books, so naturally when I found out she was coming out with another Shopaholic book, I had to get it.  My favorite book by her though is The Undomestic Goddess

So Becky and Brandon now have a daughter and they named her Minnie, hence the title of the book.  Ironically, this story is actually about Becky planning a surprise birthday party for Brandon.  As I'm doing the same thing this year for Brent, I felt like maybe this book actually chose me, lol. 

Everyone thinks she can't do it, so Becky is out to prove all of her friends and family that they're wrong.  Of course through her crazy ideas, she manages to get herself into a bit of trouble and not have enough money, lol.  But like all of these books, she finally gets it together and throws the biggest bash of the year!


If you haven't read the whole Shopaholics series, I wouldn't recommend this book.  It has every character in it and pulls parts and things from each book.  You would still get the main parts of the story, but there would be a lot of parts that would be confusing.  Overall, just like any book from Sophie, it's light, silly, and an easy read.  It's good for those days when you need a little distraction but not heavy thinking.

I hope you all have a great Friday!  It's almost the weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is so sweet! :) Love the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable card, Sparkle! I so respect you for actuallly using every single scrap, do you give lessons? LOL! I have been having SO MUCH FUN with my SCRS stamps, they are waaaay fun to color:)

    Hey since you love to read, you should come check out my new book club blog! If you're interested and want to be a member, lemme know:) We're going to have tons of fun! Here's the link: http://thechicklits.blogspot.com/

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sparkle!! Love that paper pack too but can't make it look as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! Can;t wait to see ya after CHA at the PJ Crop! Be sure to bring some of those goodies over with ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Sparkle. Love the beep, beeps! And the different sentiments. The coloring is great and so are the embellies.

    The book sounds like fun. I think I saw it at the library, but didn't pick it up. Maybe I will have to try her books as I like fast, easy, fun reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE today's card...soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. darling card - love all the sayings you paired it with, lol! the book sounds fun, but I haven't read any of the others... I might need to start on those :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super adorable card! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't think i have every used up a whole pad of paper. you are amazing at it, Sparkle! this is so cute and delightful! fab card! so jealous that you are going to CHA... looking forward to seeing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! I love her little scooter. The colours are such fun and i love the funky buttons
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks