Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love You Flirty Anya and Book Review: Eat, Pray, Love

I just love this little sexy lady, lol.  I've had this Anya ever since she came out, but this is sadly my first time inking her up.  I think this will be a fun one to use to make cards for Em with.  As you can see, I'm still trying to use up all of my scraps.  I'm really good about using up my paper, but now I need to work on my embellishments!

Paper: Basic Grey Sugar Rush
Stamps: TGF, sentiment is PTI
Nestabilities, Copics, Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Crystal Stickles, and Pearls

I was skeptical about reading this book, as all of my friends who did read it said it wasn't that good.  I only caved, because I'm a huge Julia Roberts fan and I like to read the books of the movies that I will see.  I just finished this, so I haven't seen the film yet.

It was okay.  I understand respecting other people's privacy, but the whole time I'm reading this - she's only telling half of the story.  And I want to know the other half, lol.  Like, why did she and her husband get divorced?  Why didn't she share Christmas stories back in the States?  Who did she stay friends with?  Is she actually together with the Brazilian? 



And while she does address this in the book, it's not typical for an average person to be able to leave and travel around the world for a year.  I do believe that people should have faith and that if they lose a part of themselves with tragedy, that they should be able to try new things and learn new things about themselves.

I would say this book is so-so.  The middle part is kindof hard to get into unless you're really religious or really into meditation, and I think most people lose interest.  I might have more to say once I see the movie. Well, I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday!  Grey's and Private Practice are on tonight!  I'm so glad Christina is back! 

23 comments:

  1. Great colors and sweet card !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! so pretty! :)

    I watched the movie but I didn't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card....read the book awhile ago and haven't watched the movie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is super cute. Anya looks fabulous.

    I haven't seen that movie or read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness, she is sure a cutie! You did a fabulous job on this card, Sparkle! Love it.

    Thanks for the review of the book. I always enjoy your honest assessments. I've not read it and probably won't as I don't intend to see the movie either. It sounds a little out there for me.

    I have to confess to not watching Grey's much at all anymore. One of the reasons I watched was to see Christina in all her feisty glory and I just didn't like how she changed. From your comment about the show, it sounds like she may be back. Yay. Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE card and kudos to you for using up so many scraps-that is hard to do :) I TOTALLY agree w/ your book review-I had the same questions that it would have been a lot more insightful and I'd have felt more "full" after reading had they been answered. LEt's call her, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! I love seeing how you use up those little scraps, it helps me figure out how to use mine! Thanks for the book review too! I'm always interested to know whether or not a book is good before I read it. I think I'll skip over this title and just watch the movie. And then save my reading for something more satisfying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. darling card!! someday I hope to be able to use up all my scraps like you do, haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!! Those Sugar Rush papers are a favourite of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice way to use all little pieces of the paper! Adorable card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card! So cute and flirty! I read the second book first. There is another book that will answer a few of your questions. Than I read the first book, than I watched the movie. But, sadly, I had a hard time watching the movie. You'll have to tell me what you think after you watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, Sparkle! I really need to use more of my paper LOL. I saw the movie and didn't love it. You'll have to let us know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card, Sparkle! As for "Eat, Love, Pray," I got half way through it and haven't picked it up since. It sounds like I'm not alone. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card, love that Anya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute Sparks, love the sweet image, your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks