Monday, January 24, 2011

Close to My Heat Drucilla, Stamping Crop Photos, and Some Fun Photoshop Fun

Sorry, this is a hefty post for today.  Though demented and slightly crazy, this is my favorite Kraftin' Kimmie stamp ever. And you had to know that I wouldn't be able to resist using her this Valentine season. I like to think of Drucilla as my alter ego, lol. I also used Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #99 for this.

Paper: Bo Bunny Crush
Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie, sentiment is TGF

Pearls, Nestabilities, Prima Flowers, MS Border Punch, Copics, and Crystal Stickles

On Saturday night, my stamping group went to Impress's Stamp Night which is a crop from 6pm to midnight.  We had a really great time and I even got to meet Tiffany!  I'm excited to see her again this week at CHA, as she'll be working in a booth!




I took a much needed break on Friday from my edits and did a coloring tutorial in Photoshop.  I love that what I do in my day job helps me with Sparkle Creations.  (I create training manuals and e-learning for our company's loan products.)  I tinkered around and this is what I came up with.  I was so pleased with myself that I made it into a profile pic for my Fan Page on Facebook.

Blending and highlighting with my mouse is not anything like my Copics, lol...so it's something I'm definitely gonna have to practice!  It's super hard to move the mouse in really small motions.  I think it took me about 4 tries to get her cheeks.  Chloe has always been my favorite and I love her in SCRS colors! 

 

I hope you all have a great Monday...it's back to work for me!  Don't forget, Bachelor is on tonight!  I was not very happy how Hawaii Five-O ended last night, lol.  Who do you think put back the $10 million?

21 comments:

  1. I love these quirky KK stamps too!! :o) Fab card, Sparkle! Still loving that Bo Bunny paper that keeps calling my name! Hee hee! Gorgeous colouring of Chloe - can't believe you did that with a mouse!! She looks great in SCRS colours, which just happen to be my fave colour combo! Have a great day! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That KK image is a super fun one. Great card using her.

    And Chloe looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and great job with Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card! Looks like you and your group had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your fun card for today! your chloe is a-dorable!!!!!

    Did you buy anything fun at Impress?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card and this image is great! Love those funky KK images! Looks like you had alot of fun at Impress! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your valentine card - I'm totally going to CASE it for something this week. :) and hello! where's your tutorial? I need it!! lol, have a great week - see you on Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute card! looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun card! Wow! Great job coloring Chloe.. she's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! amazing what you can do with photoshop now! so glad you can learn to color on the computer as well. fabbie image! love your card too. she is pretty cute! looks like you gals had a blast creating! hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pink and black together! very pretty!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love that image, and your card is super cute! She would definitely fit in on the Bachelor don't you think? They always have a few whack jobs LOL! Awesome job coloring Chloe on your computer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun!!! The next time I come down, maybe I can coordinate so that I can go to one of these with you... or do something fun that is paper craft related!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Sparkle! I love Drucilla too and Chloe turned out great, wow, I could never use a mouse like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a great fun in the crop! Isn't it fun to meet another fellow crafter? Wow! I love the colors on Chloe! So awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the fab design of the card. so pretty! awww.. amazing coloring using PS! love love it! thanks for sharing the photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card, in a quirky sort of way. LOL Gosh, you can color so well with your Copics and now with your mouse. You are truly talented, girlfriend. Loved the pictures of the fun you had with your friends, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks