Monday, December 6, 2010

Warm Winter Wishes with Cocoa Emma

When I went to CKC, I got a pack of the Crate Paper Snowy Day paper.  I love using non-traditional colors and this is a fun and bright paper pack to play with!  I also love how the black really pops against the colorful card.  I also used a sketch from My Favorite Things for this card.

Paper: Crate Paper Snowy Days
Stamps: CC Designs, sentiment is A Muse
Copics, Snowflake Punch, Rhinestones, PTI Buttons, Twine, Nestabilities, Crystal Stickles, and American Crafts Brads

Many have asked how I like my camera so far and I absolutely LOVE it!  But, I am totally a novice.  This is my first digital SLR camera, so I really only have my little Sony camera to compare it to.  While I've taken pictures since I was a teen...it was never really about taking the pictures that interested me.  It was making my scrapbook that mattered more to me back then, lol.

I'm not really sure if you all can tell...but just even taking pictures of my cards - the quality is much better.  Obviously, that really should be the case, lol, but again - like I said - I've never had one, so I didn't realize until now that there is such a big difference!  My zoom lens is still on it's way to me in the mail, so I'm sure once I get that I'll even enjoy it more.

Well, I hope you all have a lovely Monday!  It's back to work for me...and The Sing Off starts tonight! :)  Last year I was so happy Nota won.  I can't wait for this new season!

16 comments:

  1. The colors really pop on this card, Sparkle! It's fabulous!

    Even before I read your entire post I was thinking that the photo looks a bit crisper and sharper. Then I remembered...she's got that fancy new camera. Then I read the rest of your post. Yep, I can see a difference.

    Thanks for sharing and hope your week gets off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty! Love the fabulous mix of papers! :)

    So glad you are having fun with your new toy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. I love the colors you used to color Emma. I'm glad you're loving your new camera. Your pics do look crisper and sharper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Sparkle. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! There are so many colours but they work perfectly together :) Love the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable card. I love cocoa emma and your color combo is so nice on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe...so cute! love this new CC design. love your coloring and fabulous take on the layout. have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously LOVE this one...love the CRATE papers....okay, now how do you manage to watch all these great shows...read....craft...comment on all the blogs that you do?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors on this! It is so cute!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks