Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Daily December So Far...

This year I'm doing a whole new approach to my Daily December. I'm gonna do this album more Kelly Purkey's style and collect stuff through out the month. I bought this black binder from Russell and Hazel.  It's 7 x 9 inches, so it should hold 6 x 8 inch pages nicely.  I haven't made a single base page yet!

And why did I chose black?  I wanted to make this project easier then I have in the past.  I love my Jovial paper and I am totally loving the red and black this year!


Are any of you playing along with Reverb 10?  I'm sure most of you have seen it on Ali Edward's blog...but just in case you haven't, Reverb 10 is a series of prompts with the tagline “reflect on this year & manifest what’s next.” Wonderful jump starts for storytelling and documenting this past year.

I initially thought it would be fun...and thought it would be neat to add these to my book.  But after the first prompt, I didn't think the questions were that great, lol.  I might just end up adding only the ones I really like.  If this is too small for you to read, you can click on it to enlarge it.


This template is from Ali's Week in the Life project.  I made them shorter (8 in) in Photoshop to fit my binder, since they're really 11 inches long.  With the white space below, I'll decorate with my Jovial paper and embellishments!

And while this has nothing to do with Christmas itself, I've been playing with my camera!  I took a couple shots on Thursday night and decided not to use a picture of me in my flannel pajamas, lol.  I took a few minutes while I was at the Training Center and got some nice photos.  And yes, I look much better with my hair done and in my suit!


The border used on my picture is Ali's 25 Days of December Overlays.  These are from Ali's Daily December Album project from last year.

Today is the Civil War (Oregon vs Oregon State)...so we will have a divided house.  Traditionally, Brent and I don't talk to each other this whole day and we usually bet on something.  The Ducks are #1 in the country, so really my Beavers don't have a shot...but regardless, I still bleed orange and black!  I won't be a sore loser, lol. 

Everyone have a lovely Saturday!  I will be stamping while watching football!  I'll also be back tomorrow with our first new 2011 Christmas Card Challenge! 

7 comments:

  1. your mini pages look great! and that is too funny about the Civil War, lol. Someday you'll have kids and when they're asked by their 5th grade teacher the dates of the Civil War they're going to say it happens every year, hahahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo with your DSLR! I need to get going on my Dec Daily, too -- I have done nothing.. eek! I love R&H binders :)

    Have fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo and what you have done so far. I really like the idea of a word for the year, I am going to think about that one. Enjoy the football game today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the photo you taken and how you used overlay!
    I am glad you opened your store, Sparkle! It is a nice accomplishment for you and great joy for us, crafters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving that picture! So how do you like your camera so far???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Nice overlay! Camera is Awesome isn't it!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks