Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rin and Snowman Card and 2011 Christmas Card Challenge Week #1 - Monochromatic

Up until my wedding (2008), I was really good about making and sending out cards.  That year I made 250 Save the Date cards, wedding invitations, RSVP cards, and thank you cards.  When it came time to make Christmas cards, I panicked and my cards were super rushed!  I vowed to never let that happen again, so that's why I originally started the Christmas Card Challenge blog.


I typically need about 100 cards each year and if I make 2 Christmas cards each week all year long, it's an easy and very stress-free goal to achieve.  I typically mail my cards out at the beginning of each December, so that is why the challenge blog runs from December to December.  If you had been playing along all year, you'd already have your 2010 cards done and ready to start on cards for 2011!

This week's challenge is to make a monochromatic card.  Don't forget to check out the Christmas Card Challenges blog to see the rest of the DT's lovely creations!  I also used Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #102 for this.

Paper: Basic Grey Jovial, Memory Box Tinsel
Stamps: Rin and Snowman by Sparkle Creations, sentiment is PTI
Lacey Square Nestabilities, Copics, Rhinestones, PTI Dies, Pearls, and Crystal Stickles

With the new year among us, I always think it's nice to re-cap and go over the rules again.  I am also excited to have Shaela join the team!

The Rules
  • Every Sunday, we're making Christmas cards, so by the first week of December each year, we will have all of our cards already made. 
  • Though this challenge blog is owned by Sparkle and her company Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you are welcome to use any company's images for these challenges. 
  • The only REAL rule is that you must make a new Christmas, Holiday, Hanukkah, or Winter card. The weekly challenges are extra and you can choose to do them or not do them. Easy enough, right?
  • You can adjust the challenges to accommodate however many cards you need for the holiday season. Maybe you need to double up or only make one every other week.  
  • You have all week to link your card. We give away prizes for the first challenge of each month. Once you link your card, you'll automatically be entered to win a free stamp from Sparkle Creations. We will randomly draw the winner on the next Saturday at midnight. 
I hope you all have a lovely Sunday!  I will be cleaning and crafting in between Sears delivering Brent's new TV and Comcast coming to hook up our new high definition DVR box.

    17 comments:

    1. It´s so beautiful Sparkle. I like all the Red and this image is really sweet.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Lovely card, Sparkle! I like those reds. Thanks for the recap on why you started this challenge (even if I don't participate). I did get the photo taken and photo cards made for this year's greeting from our family. Now I need to get them sent out. My dad's visit bumped me off course for a week, but it's all good!

      Have a great week. Enjoy that new TV and DVR!

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is just beautiful! Love the rich colors!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm so happy that you started these challenges, and am honored to be on your DT. It has been very helpful to have all my cards done ahead of schedule for the last two years.

      I love this card! The deep colors and adorable image are beautiful together. So lovely.

      Hugs!
      Steph

      ReplyDelete
    5. Great card Sparkle. I love all the layers.

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a pretty card! I really need to do this challenge...maybe after I move...hehe!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Such a lovely card, I love the colors you used! I also love that you started the Christmas Card Challenges, they help so much. And I love being on your team! :D

      ReplyDelete
    8. Adorable card! Thanks for the reminder about the Christmas card challenge blog - I used to be a follower and I don't know what happened! (...Blogger...Grrr...) :-)Traci

      ReplyDelete
    9. Gorgeous Sparkle! I might just join you this time round! Madly making the last few cards I need this year, which is soooooo naughty!

      :) Marcia

      ReplyDelete
    10. Gorgeous card - I have to be more consistent in playing this year. Make an effort to not let everything get in the way of some "ME time"

      ReplyDelete
    11. Yummy yummy card. I love the patterned papers, and the cute little image. What a cutie little snowman.

      Lou. xo

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks