Monday, October 25, 2010

SCRS Challenge #16 - Inspiration Challenge, Cocktail Emily Card, and Meeting Thanh

Today's challenge is an inspiration challenge.  Isn't this bed set just gorgeous?!?  Don't forget to check out the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps blog to see the full size picture and the rest of the DT's lovely creations!


Our challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and this week's winner will receive the Elf Oliver rubber stamp. In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation. Most importantly, have fun! We can't wait to see your creations!

I know that red and green are complimentary colors, but I love them together.  I decided not to do a Christmas card...though I do think Emily is festive enough to be one, lol.  I used my white gel pen for the polka dots on the umbrella to match the paper.  I also used Sweet Sunday Sketch # 90 for this. 

Paper: Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is Amuse
White Gel Pen, Copics, Rhinestones, EK Success Border Punch, Prima Flowers, and Crystal Stickles

On Saturday, I met up with Thanh at Bellevue Square.  Being there, I was able to take her to Impress and Paper Source.  She is such a sweet gal and we had a great time hanging out.  Next time we get together, hopefully we'll actually have time to craft! :) 



To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the SCRS post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keyword SCRSC16. If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, October 31st @ 9 PM PST.

Everyone have a great Tuesday!  I totally think the black team threw the weigh in to get Patrick! 

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Your color matches the inspiration photo perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Sparkle!

    I suspect you are right about the black team, although that guy was pretty adamant that he didn't. Have you ever seen Thintervention with Jackie Warner (I think that is her name). I caught the season finale last night (never watched it before). Some of those people were quite impressive in reaching and almost reaching their goals. It looked like they have a lot of therapy in addition to the physical exercise/eating right part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling birthday card! Love all the red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is so pretty and fun. I love all the red and am hoping to be able to play in this week's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red looks terrific - great for a Christmas time birthday I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty polka dot DP to match that umbrella and a cute image you used for that challenge. have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is a darling take on the inspiration and what a beautiful pic of you two lovelies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bold colors! It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little hints of green there, a nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soooo awesome to have met you, I had fun shopping. Definitely need to do some craftign next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks