Thursday, September 23, 2010

Operation Write Home Birthday Bash and Farming Oliver Card

Operation Write Home celebrated their 2nd anniversary on September 12th and they're celebrating all month!  Today Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps is hosting a challenge for you to make a card for Operation Write Home. OWH sends blank handmade cards for them to send home to their loved ones and please check the card requirements on the OWH blog, first, as there are some guidelines that must be followed.  You can see those guidelines here.


The challenge is pretty easy...make any new fall card.  All players and all stamp manufactures are welcome for this challenge.  You will have until next Thursday, September 30th to enter into the contest.  I will randomly draw one winner and that person will win a $20 credit to Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps.

Also, for everyone who participates, will get 10% off any purchases made within the next week.  After you have linked your card to the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps blog, you can use the discount code on your next purchase.

For my card, I decided to do something a little out of the box.  I used my new Jovial paper for this.  Though the black overalls made my image quite dark, I love how non-traditional this came out.  Also, I'll admit...I always use glitter on my cards and since one of the rules is that we can't, I purposely made a guy card for this, lol.

Paper: Basic Grey Jovial
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is PTI
PTI Buttons, Copics, and Bigger Brads

I'm lucky enough to live near to Sandy (who runs OWH) and I've been to a few of the card making parties here in town.  I thought I would share some pictures.  I'm really excited and blessed to be part of such a wonderful celebration.


It's been fun to get together with all of these ladies and do something for a great cause.  I'm looking forward to going to many more card making parties in the future. 


Good luck to everyone and can't wait to see what you all make!  I hope you all have a lovely Thursday!  Grey's and Private Practice are on tonight!

22 comments:

  1. OM, the image is so cute, love the colors and the dp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love it! Such a fab image and funky colour combo
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sparkle, your cards are gorgeous as always and thank you for the oodles of inspiration. Truly appreciated. I am not sure if i have already posted this, but I am going away abroad for my wedding and am no longer to keep up with blogging and uploading work to my gallery, and supporting those who support you. Therefore I have decided to take a break. Will catch up with you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this image and the paper is awesome! Great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great time card making!!!
    Your card is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sparkle, great Color combi and these little guy is really cute. Great DP too !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the "out of the box" color on the overalls and hat. It looks awesome. Also giggled at your no bling equals a masculine card, then. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sparkle, and I love the image, so beautifully coloured!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's so cute! I love how you colored him and the DP you used! So boyish and fun :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful, love how you used Jovial for a non-Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card for a great cause! Looks like all had so much fun at these events!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful! Last year, a few friends and I got together and created cards for my nephew and his comrads who were in Iraq. He's home now but I've often wondered how we could do something like that again if we don't know anyone personally who is out there. Thank you so much for sharing....I'll definitely start working on my cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute card...great pics! looks like everyone had fun! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another cute Fall Card! Looks like everyone had a great time!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome Sparkle! I just made a bunch of cards for my little brother who's in Afghanistan on his 3rd tour.

    I'll totally make one (or more!) for OWH! My brother tells me they all really appreciate them and use them often.

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never think to use my holiday papers for anything other than holiday:) This turned out so cute, and is a perfect guy card! Don't tell me what happened on Grey's. I wasn't home and recorded it, but now I'm too tired to stay up and watch it:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool colors! Very lovely card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! I love that plaid with him! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing! fab card...love the plaid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks