Saturday, September 25, 2010

Flashback Friday Challenge - First Challenge Card

My friend Amy started these fun challenges and I'm finally getting the guts to play along, lol. This challenge is to post your first challenge card.  I started as a Close To My Heart Consultant, so Splitcoast Stampers didn't become a big thing for me until I discovered my addiction, Bella. :)


I purged my old Splitcoast account (sparkplug17) and started over as Sparkle Creations, since I opened my store.  Luckily, I found this in photobucket.  This was way before I even knew what Copics were, lol.  I colored this in with CTMH markers.  Blingabella was one of the first 5 Bellas I got in my first order.


Things to note:
  1. I still love stamps that say my name!
  2. I still love bling and glitter!
  3. I still love basic grey paper!
  4. I still love flowers!
  5. This was pre-sewing machine days...I almost always sew on my cards now.
Guess I haven't changed that much from my starting days, lol...and ironically, the last time I used this stamp, I made a card for Amy when she got engaged.  I've come a long ways, eh?


I hope you all have a lovely weekend and see you all back on Monday!  I will return emails and be back to blog commenting once I get back from Portland!

21 comments:

  1. even your card from way back is so cute and has "your style". great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You colored great even with CTMH markers, Sparkle! It must be in your genes to do so! Your first challenge card is great. Your style may have evolved a little, but it's right there in your first card, too!

    Thanks for the peek back in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun challenge!! And I love BOTH of your cards - very cute and sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your old card as well, Sparks - it's not that outdated at all! lol Maybe I'm just "old fashioned" ?

    Fantastic reuse/remake of Blingabella though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot woot!!! I'm thrilled that you're playing along sista....BOTH of your cards are fabbie but I'm especially partial to the second one:) Your cards are always sooo filled with details...seriously...Thanks again for playing in the Flashback Friday 3.0! Soo fun seeing the comparisons in cards....hope you're having a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Sparkle, very modern!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to see what you still like after years of stampin! Both are great cards! Looks like you've always been a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are great! Such a fun challenge, it has me wanting to go back and find my first challenge card! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I do this a lot in my scrapbooking. I'll do flash backs on my daughters, kind of a then and now. Both cards are great...you've always had great style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are super cute! I love your first card its cute and sparkley and your second one is gorgeus! I love the fab colours and stitching - beautiful
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun challenge! I love both of your cards! And BG is my favorite paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing people's stuff from when they first started. It's interesting to see how they've grown. Love both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hee hee! This is awesome! Thanks for sharing your "old" card, even though it's still fabulous!

    Can't wait for Tuesday!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun thing to see an early and a recent card using the same image. I can definitely see how you have grown with your use of different patterned papers together. Both are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are great, Sparkle. You have ALWAYS been an awesome stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so glad you took the leap and joined in with us!! LOVE the sparkle dress and BG papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very, very cute! The cards are both darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks