Tuesday, August 10, 2010

SCRS Challenge #5, Charlotte with a Rose Card, and Meeting Nicole

This week's challenge is embossing! Don't forget to check out the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps blog to see the rest of the DT's darling cards!

While I was in Yellowstone, I brought my Olivia paper pack and 36 of my Copic markers.  I actually got quite a bit of coloring while I was there!  Now the effort is actually making cards with them, lol.  I just adore green and pink together though, so I think my card turned out just lovely.

Paper: Basic Grey Olivia
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is Amuse
Rhinestones, Nestabilities, CB Embossing Folder, Copics, Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, EK Success Border Punch

To play along in our challenge, upload a photo of your project and provide a direct link in the linky widget at the bottom of the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps post. If you use an online gallery (e.g. Splitcoast), please also use the Keyword SCRSC05. If you have a Facebook account and are a fan of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, you can also upload there. Deadline for this week's challenge is Sunday, August 15 @ 9 PM PST.

I've been so extremely busy and honestly will be til September, lol...but I never got the chance to post about Friday night.  Nicole and I have been friends for years through CTMH, SBS4, and through blogging.  Through the years of our friendship, I moved from Colorado to Washington and she moved California to Idaho.


But her husband came out to Seattle to do some work and we finally got the chance to meet up.  I had a great time meeting her family and spending a few hours with them while eating dinner!  It's always a treat to meet my blog friends!

Everyone have a great Tuesday!  Is Brendon throwing HOH competitions or what?!?

30 comments:

  1. the pink and green are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and green is a lovely combo! It's great to meet another blog friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Sparkle, a lovely card!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. Pink and green are so pretty together. How fun to meet Nicole, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Sparkle. I'm really loving your pink and green combo that you love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Sparkle!!! I really like this design!!!
    enjoy your day!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pink and green!!
    I wish I could meet more of my blogger friends in person!!

    BTW: I will be in Seattle the weekend of August 20th...maybe we can meet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the patterned paper and embossed paper you used with your cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a treat to meet your blogging friend. I know Nicole too from blogging. Your image is so cute. Forgive me for not hitting your store sooner. I will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE THIS CARD!!! So gorgeous, Sparkle! What a great pic of you and your friend:) I don't think he's throwing them. He's just not very good at them. Rachel's getting more annoying and I'm totally addicted to Bachelor Pad now LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pink and green!
    I don't know if he is throwing them, but I'm glad that Rachel will go home this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous card Sparkle!!! The image and the embossing are perfect!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card! And I'm so glad you got to meet another frog, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super sweet card! How nice to meet up with your friend too! Um, good thought about Brendon. Hadn't considered that, but would make sense. Although, his lady drives me NUTS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink and green works so great together. Beautiful Card !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card - love the papers and the embossed cardstock

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS card Sparkle! LOVE this image and your coloring is beautiful! I also love pink & green together!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a sweet card you made. love your coloring with those copics. I now think I need to buy more. lol! love the picture of you & your dear friend. it's always nice to catch up! have a good Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful card!! When I get moved next year, we'll have to see about meeting up since I'll be somewhat close to you....I'll be at Fort Lewis!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We're on the same wavelength again! I just colored a bunch of pink/green last night! Lol!

    Great minds....

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  21. very pretty card! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet card, love the emboss! Love the colors too! So nice to meet cyber friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a precious image and gorgeous card. Love it Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! I love your layout! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks