Monday, August 30, 2010

Little Paper Shop Challenge #83 - Color Challenge and Book Review: Dune Road

Today's challenge is a color challenge!  Don't forget to check out the Little Paper Shop blog to see the rest of the DT's darling creations.


Well, green is favorite color and I secretly have a passion for the color orange.  And you probably all already know that I almost always use a kraft base on my cards, lol.  So this color combo was awesome for me!


Paper: SU
Stamps: Little Paper Shop
Nestabilities, Copics, Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Pearls, and Crystal Stickles

This book is about a 40+ year old lady who is divorced and recreating a life for her and her children.  It's very dramatic, scandalous, and keeps you on the edge all the way til the end.  It has great momentum, but I will say that I was very disappointed with the ending.


One of the friends has an abusive partner and you're constantly waiting for the moment that he's just gonna beat her in front of everyone and it just doesn't come.  No one knows about him, so you're anxiously waiting for all of her friends to figure out who he is.  I know that probably sounds bad and weird, but if you read the book, you'll understand what I'm saying. 

I think this book could relate to many since it's about families, co-parenting with your ex, finance, friendships, and keeping it all together.  One of the friend's husbands loses his job and they end up losing everything.  Overall, I still think it was a good book.  And honestly, I just lucked out that the cover matches my card today, lol.

Everyone have a fabulous Monday!  It's back to work for me...

27 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning! Love the super cute image and how you have coloured her - the layout is fab too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card! I really love the colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning is what I say about this card. Impeccable coloring paired with luscious colors! That orange stitching complements every detail.

    Thanks for the review! I'm very appreciative of your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. Those colors really work together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color combo is very stunning. I really love the bright, happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty...love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, love that SU! dp. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This color combiantion is fabulous! I love the stickles you added!
    Thank you so much for sharing about the book you read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card! love the colors and the pearls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrificly fab...love that you just used part of the image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect color combo for you! This looks terrific!

    That book sounds interesting. Add it to my ever-growing list. Lol!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love the orange! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this color combo! Green and orange are two of my faves:) Gorgeous coloring and that image is super sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a lovely card! Beautiful coloring and I love the pearl accents! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a wonderful card you created. love the color challenge and your image you chose is too cute! hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the shading on the flower! What a pretty card you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This is beautifuL! LOVE your shading on that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic card Sparkle. Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way too cute! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks