Monday, August 2, 2010

Little Paper Shop Challenge #79 - Color Challenge and Goals Update

*If you're looking for the TGF Birthday Blog Hop, please click here or scroll down to the post below.*

Today's challenge is a color challenge!  Don't forget to check out the Little Paper Shop blog to see the rest of the DT's lovely creations.


As soon as I saw this color combo, I thought it would be fun to make a bright pink tree.  I paired up some old SU scraps that I still have floating around and I like how my card just came together.  I also used Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try from July 24th. 

Paper: SU
Stamps: Little Paper Shop
Nestabilities, PTI Buttons, Copics, and Crystal Stickles

One random participant in today’s challenge will win the Jena Baking digi. Please load your card to the InLinkz program on the LPS blog and when you upload to a public gallery please use the keyword LPSC79. You have until Sunday at 9:00pm EST to get your card loaded.

Brent and I made it home safely from Yellowstone.  I have today off, so I will be around filling orders and catching up on stuff.  It's also the beginning of the month, so it's time to check in with my goals.  As I said last month, Brent and I chose to pay off the fridge, washer, and dryer instead of my car.  For having all of these things only 16 months, we're doing really good. 
  • Pay off the fridge, washer, and dryer
  • Technical writing class (for work)
  • Photoshop and Illustrator Tutorials (for work)
  • Get Copic certified
  • Make tags with my Christmas cards
  • Open Sparkle Creations
  • Use up more of what I already have
  • Spend 1/2 on crafting than last year

Remember when I posted my bucket list from my birthday?  While I can't cross anything off, I'm happy to add Montana and Wyoming to my all 50 states goal.  On our trip to Yellowstone, we stayed in Gardiner, MT and Yellowstone is actually in Wyoming. 

Visit China
Visit Laos
Visit all 50 states
Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Illinois, West Virgina, Virgina, Montana, Wyoming
Visit Europe
Go to the Olympics
Go to every Disney park
Disneyland, Disneyland ParisGet published in a magazine
Get my Masters degree
Create all day, every day

Everyone have a fabulous Monday!  I will be grocery shopping, doing laundry, and watching all my shows on my DVR. :)

29 comments:

  1. Love this tree in pink!!! And I love your bucket list. Great Goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pink tree is fabulous, Sparkle! Glad you had a good time and made it home safe and sound.

    Your bucket list looks great. I can just imagine how satisfying it is to be able cross off the dreams that have come true and remember all the fun times achieving them!

    Good luck catching up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. I love the pink tree. And I love looking at your goals getting crossed off. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pink tree! Gorgeous card, Sparkle!
    Glad you had a fun time at Yellowstone, and very close to finish all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab pink topiary! I am a technical writer so if you have any questions, let me know. (It's such an exciting job...not!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pink tree is fabulous! Glad you had a great trip! Have fun watching your shows:) I'm looking forward to the final rose tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, these colors are fab! Love your pink tree :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great coloring! Your placement of your elements is SUPER!! The buttons add great pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card, love the bit of sparkle on the tree!
    Great job on all your goals! Enjoy your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo! a pink topiary, whoo hoo! I love pink and blue, this rocks! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Sparkle and yes the bright pink tree looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it. Great use of buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute card! love the bits of sparkle and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. **WELCOME BACK!!**

    Very nice card. Those SU! papers work perfectly. Way to use up scraps!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pink tree. Glad you had fun on vacation. I see you definitely need to add some East Coast states to your list of states to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fun challenge! such a pretty card! happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Sparks! Love the pink tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Card! I love the layout!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. So fun! Love the sketch and totally dig the colors! Way to keep moving on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bold color combo combined with the stylish image makes for a very striking card!

    Congratulations on your list progress -- the first item on my list is to actually make a list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card i love the colours and gorgeous stamp. Wyoming thats on my wish list after seeing An Unfinshed Life lol! I want to see a bear!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love this gorgeous card - so bright and a beauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks