Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A few Yellowstone Pictures

Sorry that I don't have any artwork yet. Today is my co-worker and friend's birthday, so after I give her the card today at lunch, I will post it! :)  To hold you over til this afternoon, here are a few pictures of our trip to Yellowstone.  This first picture of us is at the first Family Reunion dinner...that's why Brent has his name tag on in the picture.


I have uploaded all 250+ pictures up on Facebook if you want to see them all.  These are public, so you don't need a Facebook account to view them.  I have them sectioned into 3 parts, Family Reunion, Yellowstone Wildlife, and Yellowstone Scenery

This is a picture of Brent and I in the park.  We were hiking through and then we realized that they had blocked off part of the trail.



Here's a picture of me by the entrance sign to the park. Brent and I took more pictures, but they're on his camera. Will have to find time to download them, lol.



On our tour, we got to see 2 bears. I was only able to photograph one, but it was really neat to see. The park was quite dead while we were there, but I think many were scared after what happened last week.



I went to the bathroom and as soon as I got out, one bison came to the left of me and another came to the right of me.  I didn't freak out and they just went on their way.  It was scary and cool all at the same time.  Glad that I'm still here though to tell this story.  Another lady was being dumb and trying to chase them.  The park ranger yelled at her, lol.  


Well, I hope you all have a fabulous hump day. Be back later with a Sparkle Creations card.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures, Sparkle! Looks like you really had a great time! Thank you so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a relaxing vacation, Sparks! W/B

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how stupid people can be around wildlife! Why would anybody ever throw something at one of them, or chase them??? DUMB! Your pictures are awesome, and you and Brent look like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute pics of you and your hubby! love the wildlife too. must have been so exciting IRL! have a good hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a fun time! We never saw any bears on our trips to Yellowstone so I'm jealous, lol. But what happened last week?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had a great time! I would have been scared by the Bison too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful time you & Brent must have had. Seeing the bears would have thrilled me too. But I probably would have freeked cuz they weren't in a cage. Yikes
    Nice pics! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! It looks like you got some great wild life pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be a fantastic vacation. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a wonderful time on your vacation, Sparkle! Thanks for sharing a bit of it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks