Sunday, August 22, 2010

Christmas Card Challenge Week #38 - Vintage/Retro

I'm trying really hard to get back into making my Christmas cards.  The challenge this week is vintage or retro.  Don't forget to check out the Christmas Card Challenge blog to see the rest of my DT's lovely creations.

Vintage is not a strong point for me...but I remembered that I had these pink paislee iron-on tags and just went with it.  The sentiment is a rub-on that I put on vanilla creme paper.  It's been a long time since I've made a card with no stamping and no coloring.  And while I prefer things to be cutesy, I'm sure someone in the family will enjoy this more simple card.

Paper: SU Cardstock
Pink Paislee Tags and Rub-ons, CTMH Brads

I hope you all have a fabulous Sunday! Brent is going golfing...so I'll have the house to myself. :) Will probably watch a few movies and color images!

20 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this one! The texture of the tag and the stitching is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty Sparkle. Enjoy your day to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your fabric piece. And how cool that you could make it so quickly because you didn't have to stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, so unique and pretty! Love the sentiment too! Great job :)

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card! I have no idea what to do for this challenge - your card is perfect, but I'm stumped!! We'll see what I can come up with.

    enjoy the day to yourself! John was supposed to be camping with Caleb, but they showed up back home at about 10:30 last night, so MY relaxing day has gone out the window, haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture. The tree is fantastic too. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely vintage card! The tag is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect tag for the challenge this week, I'm sure someone will love your card! Enjoy your day colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! gorgeous vintage card - i have two awards for you on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is so beautiful! What an inspiration! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a pretty card. Just like you, I prefer the cutesy stuff, but it's nice to create something different sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say that although this isn't your regular style, I love it! Way to think outta the box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is really fun....hey, I meant to ask you how you like the Impress felt...I bought some of it yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think this turned out great Sparks!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks