Friday, August 27, 2010

Bellariffic Friday - Anything Goes Ipodabella Card and a Book Review: Smash Cut

Today's challenge is anything goes.  It was my friend Yvonne's birthday at the beginning of the month and her daughters got her a brand new purple iPod.  She asked for a thank you, since she's visiting them right now in Texas.

Obviously, I had to use Ipodabella.  Yvonne's favorite color is purple, and since she got a purple iPod, I figured I would just go with it.  With the anticipation on new Basic Grey paper, I am on the usual scurry to hurry up and use up my old stuff, lol.

Paper: Basic Grey Koishi
Stamps: Stamping Bella, sentiment is Amuse
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Rhinestones, EK Success Border Punch, Copics, and Crystal Stickles

Murder mysteries and suspense books are actually my favorite.  But after reading one many months ago, I had this crazy dream that Brent and I were being chased by bad guys.  In my dream, we're running in a banquet hall in a hotel and Brent jabs this guy in the throat with a pipe, lol.  It's not funny...but just that my dream was so action movie like.  I decided to take a break and I've been reading chick lit ever since pretty much. 

On our trip to Yellowstone, I decided to go back to my true love and picked this book up at the airport.  If you're a movie buff, you'll really enjoy this book.  The murderer is really into re-creating scenes from movies.  Now, there's only one death, but he does other things from certain movie scenes.  


This book really keeps you on your toes and right before you get to the end, it's kindof a big turn.  He plans on killing another person, but they never really explain what a 'smash cut' really is or what the scene is suppose to be like in the movie...as obviously that person gets saved. :)  But if this type of reading is your thing, I still say it's a pretty good book.

Everyone have a fabulous Friday!  It's almost the weekend!

26 comments:

  1. Wow this is super cute! Love the colours and fabulous DP
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely FABULOUS card, Sparkle!! Love the colors!

    I'm sorry your reading led you to some not so nice dreams. I used to read a lot of murder mysteries before going to sleep and since I stopped doing that the strange dreams I had from time to time have stopped happening. Hmmmm LOL My mom used to read Stephen King before she went to sleep! I don't know HOW she was able to sleep after that! LOL

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is super cute. I love all the purple.

    I used to read Sandra Brown quite a bit, before I went back to school and had no time. Maybe I should check this one out.

    Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card & I've been meaning to thx you for my gorgeous birthday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card for a purple ipod thank you! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable card Sparkle...there's a bella for every occasion, perfect!
    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet thank you card!

    Sounds like a great book! (I sometimes have weird dreams after reading murder mysteries, too.. )

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the card, it's adorable! I'm excited for the new BG stuff too :)

    I canNOT read scary books or see scary movies. I can't even watch the news most of the time. I must be super sensitive to stuff like that because even the slightest stuff gives me nightmares - like horrible, gory, terrifying nightmares. So I content myself with fluffy, bubblegum chick-stuff, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an adorable card! I am looking forward to all the new BG as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable, Sparkle! I want a purple iPod:) I may have to check out that book too. Murder mysteries are my fave, although I don't read very much any more. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful card! Love the color and the image. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these Bellas! Great colors and love the bling too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty card! love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good thing you have ALL the Bellas! Lol! Great card.

    I love murder/mystery books. Brown is a great go-to author for a quick read. I'm really into Stephen White right now. You should check him out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet, pretty card! Thanks for the book review too! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  16. soo cute! love the purple. great card girl.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww...this is so sweet! Love the soft coloring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a sweet card -- love her jeans! thanks for the book review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks