Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sketch Saturday #113 and Cocktail Emily

It's my boss's birthday next Saturday. I will be in Yellowstone and she will be in Kansas helping her parents move.  With everyone's vacation plans, Monday is going to be the only day that ALL of us will be there for the next 3 weeks.  So, we're celebrating early, lol.  I always get out of getting the cake by making the card. :)

My boss is an orange fan, so I decided to use fun and bright citrus colors.  Though picking grey was probably counter productive.  I guess it's the explanation of a Seattle summer in a nutshell, lol.  I also used Sketch Saturday #113 for this.

Paper: Basic Grey Sugar Rush
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is Amuse
Impress Felt, Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Rhinestones, Copics, and Crystal Stickles

I hope you all have a great Saturday!  I am getting my hair done and shopping for new shorts!

26 comments:

  1. Photos of new hair, please! ;)

    So perfect for summer, Sparks. Your boss will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and I did giggle over the comment about your summer. I don't think I would like all the grey in the weather myself. LOL Your boss will really like the card, I'm sure.

    Good luck shopping and I'm sure your hair is gonna look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card!! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet birthday card! Love the pop of orange throughout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE her! She is just so precious & your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Sparkle, great colour combo
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adorable, love all the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very cute card. Emily looks fantastic. Enjoy your hair appointment and shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute...love the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Sparkle! I love the orange colors here! Your boss will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the orange! Have fun at your hair appt! And have a wonderful time at Yellowstone! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors used. Adorable card...cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card and lovely take on of the sketch :o) My DD is a 101% orange fan too, lol
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the orange! I admire those who can use it well, as I'm challenged when it comes to that color. Beautiful card, your boss will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice card! I'm sure your boss will love it. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very cute, Sparkle. Your boss will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute card! Perfect for summer birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute and I know she will ove it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute, Sparkle! Have fun celebrating tomorrow. Your boss will LOVE this adorable card:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card! Your boss will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love orange too. Looks great with the other colors you picked. I'm sure you boss will love it. I'm in charge of birthday cards at my job too!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable image -- you definitely have a talented artist for your stamp line! Awesome details, too, like the Stickles on the orange slice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks