Thursday, July 22, 2010

Announcement and Cupcake Ruby for Catherine

First off, I want to let you all know that I will be on vacation July 27th through August 1st.  Though I won't be home to ship orders, I will still have internet access.  All orders that are placed during that time, will ship out on Tuesday, August 3rd.  I have taken Monday, August 2nd off from my day job, so I will be home packaging all of your orders!

Today is my best friend's birthday. Sadly, she is in Washington, DC and I am in Seattle, but I hope she has a wonderful celebration.  I haven't seen her since New Years...and unfortunately, I don't think I'll see her til next summer - as I plan on going to CHA. :)   Here is a picture of me, Catherine, and our friend/sorority sister Katie. 


I decided to use Cupcake Ruby for Catherine's card.  I almost never color my images with blonde hair, but I like how she turned out.  I also used Taylored Expressions Sketch #121 for this.


Paper: Basic Grey Nook and Pantry
Stamps: Sparkle Creations, sentiment is AmyR Stamps
Nestabilities, Copics, Prima Flowers, Pearls, EK Success Border Punch, and Crystal Stickles

Everyone have a great Thursday!  Who will be the next Head of Household?!?

21 comments:

  1. Adorable card! We are on the same crafty wave length right now, I just did a card with the same papers and image! LOL Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cupcakes! What an adorable card! I am sure she will love it!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving Cupcake Ruby!!! Great idea to pair her with that Basic Grey paper... and you KNOW I LOVE Taylor's sketches!!!

    Have a terrific time on your vacation Sparks!!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute card! love this image as she's holding a yummy cupcake! you do such wonderful work! hope you have a great vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cuppie-cake card! Love these colors!
    Enjoy your vacay :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Sparkle, love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card for your best friend! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute!! I just love the cupcakes, and this sweet image!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is very sweet, have a fabulous vacation! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute Sparkle, love the green dress blonde hair combo andthe great layout
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is DARLING!! You gals look great1!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet birthday card! Ruby looks great as a blond!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww...so sweet and colorful...I want a giant cupcake too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blond hair on this! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an adorable card-great use of the nook & pantry paper.

    Have fun on your vacation, Can't wait til you get back. Finally got the paypal you forced me to get and ordered. Now I just have to wait patiently. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's always hard when you're far from a good friend...happy bday to her! great card...love nook & pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So super cute! Your friend will LOVE it! Have a wonderful time at CHA~I am soooo jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome job with the sketch. I think Ruby looks great as a blonde. I'm sure Catherine loved it!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks