Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sweet 16 Partygirlabella Card and Book Review: The Happiness Project

Oh, to be young again! Lol...this card is for a custom order. This lady's daughter is turning 16 at the end of the month and her daughter's favorite color is purple. I also used Jen del Muro's SFYTT from May 8th.

My cousin Chris and I were born 2 weeks apart and we celebrated every birthday together until we were 21. Our 16th birthday was no exception. It's probably been the biggest birthday party we ever had. It was a fun night of pizza, Twister, and playing football in our cul-de-sac. Do you remember your sweet 16?

Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria
Stamps: Stamping Bella, sentiment is Amuse
Thickers, Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Twine, Crystal Stickles, Nestabilities, Rhinestones, and Copics


Trent from the Simple Dollar suggested this book, so I went ahead and read it. It's about this lady, Gretchen, who takes a years time to change her ways, add new resolutions, and just be happier in life. BTW, she's actually a happy person to begin with, so this isn't about depression or anything weird like that.


I loved it...and it's really inspired me to work on a few things. I tried to follow Gretchen's blog, but I find her posts boring and blah. Lol...so just stick to her book.

Obviously, every one's happiness project will be different and there's no right or wrong thing. Some of the things that Gretchen did just won't be appealing for you. I'm gonna guess that almost none of you would start a book club that only reads children literature. And I obviously wouldn't work on being more patient with my kids, since I don't have any, lol.

But I do want to exercise better, work smart, take time for projects, start a collection, make new friends, and buy needful things, to just name a few. I haven't really started this...but will update you on it as I get this put together. :) Since I also don't have the time Gretchen had either, it will be at a much slower pace.

Anyhoo- I hope you all have a great hump day! I will be back on Friday with my card for TGF Farm Fresh Friday.

36 comments:

  1. nice card! love the colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...lovely card for a 16 year old!

    I can't remember my 16th birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a great card for a 16 year old! I was so excited to get my driver's license. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. I love how you colored her shirt. Such rich purple.

    The book looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Sparkle. There you go, mixing your pattern papers perfectly once again. Love the balloons, too!

    The main thing I remember about turning 16 is getting my driver's license. My good friend and I actually were able to take our driving tests back to back, which was neat. I probably had a pool party, since we had an in-ground pool in our backyard and my b-day falls in the heat of summer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabbie card!!! good grief, I can't remember my sweet 16...much tooooo long ago...LOL.

    I love your book reviews...thanks for taking the time to do them...gotta check out that book...gotta make time to read books...not blogs:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, Sparkle! No doubt she will LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your papers girl, FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect sweet 16 card!
    I still remember mine and it was a LONG time ago! We had a BBQ and then my dad gave us money to go to a movie. I just don't remember the movie! It must be my memory going with age! LOL
    The book looks interesting, I am going to see if I can find it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful card, it was a long time ago when I was 16, I now have a 16 year old! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great card...love the sketch and the bella is so cute! thanks for the book review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! That purple really pops and it is such a great layout! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is sooo cute...love the image and the colors... MAny thanks for the punch info...;-) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! Gonna have to check out the book! Sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card! Really like all the elements to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT card!! I love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. super sweet Sparkle!!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very cute card! My sweet 16 was really laid back. Just a few gifts from my parents and dinner out with the family. The most memorable thing for me was that for the first time that I could remember, my dad went and bought me a gift and card COMPLETELY on his own. It was the cd "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle. And he wrote me such a sweet, loving message in the card, it made me cry, lol. I think it's still one of my sweetest memories. :)

    My 18th and 20th birthdays, on the other hand, were definitely affairs to remember, haha. My roommates crammed 50+ people into our teeny apartment for my 20th and then we all went to a rock concert and a dance club. It was totally awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card -- and it just reminded me that my 16th birthday was 25 years ago! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable! Perfect for a sweet 16 :) The book looks like a great motivator~I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is stunning Sparkle. Love the Kraft and the Bg paper its a fab mix and the image is so much fun.
    My birthday is on Christmas Day so i dont really get the chance to have a big party!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a cute card! love the purple and the layout is unique! have a great hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How lovely! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card :)
    I didn't have birthday parties growing up so we threw a sweet 16 for our daughter ..a mini wedding with no groom :) so Chiy will always remember hers and so will we..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute!! Love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  26. My 16th was a non event, but I made up for it at my 18th birthday!

    Gorgeous card Sparkle, I am sure it will be cherished!

    Keep well,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous job! I'm sure she will treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So nice card! Love the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty!! Love all the stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a gorgeous card and the stitching is so effective

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is super adorable! Your customer will be sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks