Saturday, May 22, 2010

Raise the Bar Challenge #19 - It's all about the bag!

This week's challenge at Raise the Bar is 'It's all about the bag!' Create a card based on your fave handbag. Well, if you don't know me very well...before I loved rubbah, Coach was my first love, lol. I got that one from my mother...she loved Coach purses!

My high school reunion is less than a month away and I've been slowly piecing my outfit together. Though I have quite the collection of small black purses, I decided I wanted something a little bit more fun. I saved a Macy's gift card from my birthday last year, so I decided to finally use it to get this. Funny how all my Bella Bucks and Starbuck gift cards get spent right away, lol.


Last night was Kendall's birthday party and here's the card I made for her. We're both April babies, but due to life she had her party way late. She decided to have an all girls black dress party at Wasabi Bistro. Her boyfriend Cody is one of Brent's friends from college, so they also had a guy's night. :)

Paper: SU
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment is PTI, flowers are Sherrod Studio
CB Swiss Dots, Copics, Rhinestones, CTMH Ribbon, and Crystal Stickles


With events like this, I always miss my sorority sisters...as we're scattered across the country. I miss having these kind of parties every once in awhile. And on 2 Peas there's always been a lot of trash talk about making people where a certain color dress to a party. But I don't think black is crazy...most people would already have a black dress. Now if it were neon orange...I might think twice, lol.

28 comments:

  1. OMG, I love that handbag!! Fabulous card too Sparkle
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, that handbag is gorgeous. I have something on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! love your little purse too it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE bag and an equally cute card inspired by it.

    I didn't have a little black dress until my 10 year high school reunion. I didn't fit into one until then and wouldn't fit into it now. But when I wore it, I felt like a million bucks! LOL

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! And the purse is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that bag Sparkle...anything Coach is a friend of mine! And the card turned about great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny that I loved rubber and acrylic before Coach but it is definitely one of my new loves.

    Your card is super cute. I love the colors. Hope the party was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's an adorable purse, and a super cute card! I hope you had a fun time with your girls. :) My 10 year reunion is this summer as well, but since we live so freaking far away now, I won't be able to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That purse is so cute, I love it! The card matches perfectly! I hope you had a great night out with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful handbag, and you matched your card perfectly!!! You're awesome gurl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun bag! And great job with the card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them both, the card and the Coach!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sparkle this is gorgeous! Great colours and fabulous layout!
    Love the bag - so cute!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love your new bag!!!! FUN card!! How was Wasabi Bistro?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card, Sparkle! Great purse, too. Very fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sparkle, your card is super cute. I always like to use black - i think it give the right touch. It looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic Sparks, love the image! HUGs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so fun Sparkle! Love those flowers in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That black card is so cute! Hope you have a great time at your high school reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute bag, Sparkle and your card is awesome!
    I think having a color party is fun and black is definitely safe!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is super cute and I can easily see the inspiration piece in it! Great job! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card! Even cuter bag! Glad you had fun with your sorority sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the card and of course love the purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So pretty! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your handbag is too cute!! I love the card, Fleur Anya is my new favorite :) That flower panel behind Anya is fabulous :)

    As for requiring a certain color, I totally agree with you. I think it's fun (except if it's a funky color LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous little purse! I sigh with envy since after having kids I've never been able to go back to small purses. There's just way too much to carry after that, hehe. The card is darling as well, I love her sparkly flower headband!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks