Monday, May 3, 2010

Elodie in Her Garden and Goals Update

I made this card for my MIL. She loves to garden, so this card will suit her perfectly. My friend Arlene gave me this image, but I might have to just buy her eventually. :) I think she would be cute for a lot of fun spring and summer cards. I also used Get Sketchy #35 for this.

Paper: Basic Grey Green at Heart
Stamps: Sarah Kay, sentiment is Amuse
CTMH Bigger Brads, Nestabilities, Twine, Basic Grey Bloomers, Rhinestones, Copics and Crystal Stickles


It's the beginning of the month and time to check in with my goals. Can you believe it's May already? I can't believe we're almost half way through this year.
  • Pay off my car by the end of the year - Still chugging along...
  • Technical writing class (for work) - I still haven't signed up for one. With us being short staffed, opening new stores, launching new products, and our family reunion in Yellowstone this summer, I'm not sure when I'll be able to take this.
  • Photoshop and Illustrator Tutorials (for work) - I still haven't progressed any farther then where I was at in February. We launch our first store in Vancouver, BC on June 1st, so my work schedule will be very hectic until then.
  • Get Copic certified
  • Make tags with my Christmas cards - I still only have the 2 tags that I made in January.
  • My secret project - is going great. I will hit a major milestone with this tomorrow. :) I am hoping to be able to share this with you all by July.
  • Use up more of what I already have - doing good...besides the new Basic Grey paper pads, I haven't bought any paper since the beginning of the year.
  • Spend 1/2 on crafting than last year - With Impress's huge sale and my birthday discount from Amuse, I went way over budget for the month. But aren't birthday months suppose to be like that, lol? Will need to majorly work on this for May and June.
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! It's back to work for me...will be back on Wednesday with a birthday card!

38 comments:

  1. gorgeous card - love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful coloring Sparks, love the image and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's super sweet, this is one of my fave images.

    Good on you for checking in on your goals, something I don't do enough of!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout, coloring and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful, Sparkle! Love your coloring and that stitched felt flower. I'm sure your mil will love it.

    I think it's great that you check in with your goals, even if you can't quite get some of them completed due to circumstances beyond your control. I need to take some lessons from you! LOL Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just precious. I love that image and I love the flowers you used. Yum.

    I also love that you are sharing with us each month the progress on your goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! That image is a cute one.

    Good job on the goals. Sometimes, life gets in the way and some things are a bit out of reach. Doing what you can is what matters.

    Have a great week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so SWEET Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Sparkle! I love this layout and the flower is amazing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, Sparkle! One of my favorite SK images!

    Great job tracking and progressing on your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so super sweet and pretty! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Sparkle..awesome job
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so sweet! I love the colors and that flower! Very pretty :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a pretty major list there, chica! LOL

    Congrats on getting that much done. :)

    I have you added to the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really awesome Sparkle. I like the stiching on the flowers and the paper is great. Can´t wait to received mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. luv the card, especially how you colored her jeans! congrats on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's darling, love those fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a pretty card...love that image and the DP is fabulous. love your list and glad you got to cross off something! have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet card - I am sure your MIL will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sparkle, this is a very sweet card! I love this pretty flower you have added to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. sweet card...you're doing GREAT on your goals..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the bright colors on this card and that cute image! That flower is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. another gorgeous card - and yes, birthdays months are ALWAYS allowed to be over budget, lol!! Can't wait till July! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. cute Sparkle! Luv the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OH this image is adorable! I love the papers too. I really love that sentiment. i need to go check out Amuse....enabler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super sweet card, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Perfect image for a gardener and gorgeous coloring to really make her shine!

    Great idea to list your goal updates; I need to do that to keep myself accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is fabulous!!! Any card with orange in it pulls at me, the papers are awesome! The colors together, PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  29. very pretty Sparkle!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I love this image, it totally reminds me of Holly Hobbie...ahhh the old days, lol! Love the colors you chose! TFS!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card...your monthly updates are always inspiring, so thanks for them.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a sweet image, and I adore the colors! Your MIL will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So adorable! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks