Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Scouts Honor Cute Troop Card

My In-laws got invited to a Boy Scout Eagle Court of Honor ceremony for some of their cousin's children. Since the event is in Texas and they can't attend, my MIL asked me to make some cards. I am excited to finally have a true purpose for Scout Ian. If he didn't have his scarf, wouldn't he look like an UPS man? :) I also used Club Anya and Friends Sketch #13.

Thank you for all the birthday love yesterday! I really appreciate all the comments, cards, and gifts! And a special thanks to the Lala Land Crafts DT for doing a birthday blog hop for me! I will eventually post all my goodies, but I know some stuff is still trickling in. Even my dad called me yesterday to tell me that my gift was coming late.

Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: The Greeting Farm
K&Co Boy Scout Stickers, Copics, PTI Buttons, Nestabilities, and Twine


At work on Friday, I was surprised with balloons, flowers, and cake from Yvonne and Tricia. My department also got me a cheesecake and a $25 gift card to Michael's! Then on Saturday, it was a full day of fun and errands with some friends. I even got to go to Ben Franklin's and Impress (scrap and stamp stores). Then we ended our day with a yummy dinner at the Melting Pot.

I took off my birthday, but Brent didn't and this was his Saturday to work. So that meant we had to celebrate on Easter. Which was fine, but since it was a holiday, we just had an "us" day. Brent didn't believe me that Easter is a major holiday! I told him that all we'd be able to do is eat Chinese food and go to the movies. He still tried to go the mall and it was closed, lol.

We went downtown and ate Dim Sum at Jade Garden. It was really yummy and the place was packed. Then we went to go watch Alice in Wonderland. Please don't throw tomatoes at me, but I didn't like it. I'm a more classic type of gal I suppose. Brent now demands that we have a hedge in the shape of his head like the Queen of Hearts had, lol. I truly appreciate all the love and time you've taken to make me feel special on my birthday!

I'm finally all caught up and I was so scared that Sam was gonna get kicked off last week on Biggest Loser. But Crystal is doing great on Idol...so I'm excited for my shows tonight! Everyone have a great Tuesday...it's back to work for me.

41 comments:

  1. Oooh this is too cute!!! I love your masculine cards! I need to work on mine! I'm not good at it! But you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sparkle! You really worked magic with those brown shades! That highlight looks like it's really shining!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! :) Glad you had a good time with hubby on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had such special birthday, Sparkle! It's fun being celebrated, isn't it?!

    Love your scout card. Yup, I think he would be a great UPS man lookalike. hee, hee. You do masculine cards just as well as girly ones. THAT'S talent!

    While I only get to catch the second hour of BL and don't know why she's back, I sorta think they brought that red team gal back because she's not so nice. The ads for the program show her in an unflattering light for sure (ie, mean). LOL

    No tomatoes from me on how you felt about Alice in Wonderland. I think some of these they should leave well enough alone! Ducking and running for cover along with you! LOL Oh and I think it's funny Brent didn't think Easter was a major holiday.

    Better scoot, this comment is getting kinda long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! The LOVE the way you colored his ball cap...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is super cute and Ian looks great. How awesome that you can help your in-laws out with some fabby cards.

    I'm glad you had such a great birthday weekend. You definitely deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Sparkle!

    I am glad you had a wonderful birthday! You deserve it, sweet friend. I hope your year is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...he's so cute...yeah, he would look like the UPS guy without the scarf! ;)

    Glad you had a great birthday Sparkle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Glad you had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Sparkle!! Ans yes he does look like a UPS man!! Your coloring looks awesome!!
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. UPS man...hahaha...that cracked me up! Well, sounds like you had a jam packed weekend AND birthday..never been to Jade Garden...gotta try that out:) I usually go to House of Hong or Four Seas..if you dig vietnamese you gotta try out Green Leaf...oh great, now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, he's such a cutie! LOL, UPS guy! He really does ;)
    Happy belated B'day, Sparkle!!!
    So happy to hear that you had a wonderful one :)

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is that Boy Scout!
    Happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so totally love this Ian image! We are trying to get my son to go to Boy Scouts so if he decides he likes it enough to join I'm so going to purchase this stamp! Where did you get your embellie?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie! So glad you had a great birthday weekend, and yes, your card is in the mail! LOL I am so bad a sending things out in time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cutie, Sparkle!! He does really look like a UPS man!! LOL!

    Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday weekend.. you certainly deserved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your beautiful coloring, Sparkle!
    Glad you liked the hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds like you had some great celebrations! I won't throw tomatoes at you because even though I haven't seen Alice, I'm sure I wouldn't like it either, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous Sparks, love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The kids are going to love their cards! Super cute, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sparkle, I feel so badly that I missed your birthday! Belated Happy Birthday, friend!

    Your card is adorable and you're right...Ian would look just like an UPS man without that scarf. You did an awesome job on the card and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your coloring. You are fantastic with shading, shadowing, and light sources...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super Cute!!
    So glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. don't worry...i won't throw tomatoes at you! :) glad to hear your bday weekend went well. your hubby is funny about Easter. And LOL about the UPS man!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Too cute! Love the comment about the UPS dude! He could pass for that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Sparkle~
    So sorry I missed sending you birthday wishes yestereday, so I'm sending them now. I hope you had a fabulous day crafting in your jammies! That sounds like the perfect day to me (well add Starbucks delivering my morning mocha to my front door and then it would be a perfect birthday, lol).
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a great card...love the coloring...such a deep brown. sweet! so glad to hear you got to celebrate your birthday even if it was on Easter. what is your actual date? if you don't mind me asking...my daughter just had hers too. I don't like the previews of that movie AIW either, so I'm with you. have a good day at work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw such a sweet card Sparkle and happy belated birthday...sounds like you got spoilt and had fun.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable card! It sounds like you had a great birthday, and since I didn't get here to wish you Happy Birthday on time, I am sending a late Happy Birthday!:-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ohh..how could I miss this! Happy Belated Birthday to you, Sparkle!! Hugs! Great cards as always!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute! I love the masculine card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just love how fabulous you are at your colors & making each card pop! I love it! TFS! =)

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantastic card, I won this set ages ago and have yet to make a anything with it! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  33. super cute card and happy belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy belated birthday! My gosh I'm bad this year :S I'm glad to hear you had a great time with lots of b-day love! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow totally adorable! The badge is such an awesome addition
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am SO SORRY I couldn't participate on your birthday blog hop Sparks! Happy Belated Birthday! I hope all your wishes come true!!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks