Wednesday, April 28, 2010

La-Land Weekly Wednesday Challenge #36

This week's challenge is altered embellishments. Take a store bought embellishment, and change it in some way! For example, you can cut a petal off a flower to make a butterfly, sew a running stitch through some ribbon and gather to make a ruffle, take any embellishment and color it with paints/inks/markers, etc.

So...I guess I didn't really alter any of my embellishments, lol, but I did combine them and dressed up my flowers a bit. I am still working on getting my airbrushing even, so I had to laugh at myself, since I got some of her hair a little pink.

Paper: My Minds Eye
Stamps: La-la Land Crafts, sentiment is Amuse
Prima Flowers, CTMH Buttons, Pearls, Copics, and EK Success Border Punch


Don't forget to check out the La-la Land Crafts blog to see the rest of the DT's lovely creations. Also, this week's special is Birthday Cake Maya. She will be 20% off in the store this week. I hope you all have a great hump day! I will be back on Friday for Farm Fresh Friday!

40 comments:

  1. Sparkle love this super cute card! Loving the colours and the funky layout
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cute card - love the layout and your stitching is always super

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely! I think the pink in the hair goes right along with the trend to add some color to one's hair. You are right in fashion! LOL

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card. I love how you use your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Sparkle, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great card, Sparkle! Your coloring is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card today Sparkle!! super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's so cute! I love button flowers!

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute! love the tiny pearls on the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adorable, Sparkle! It's alteration to me! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just too sweet Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! Love the colors and the dressed up flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha, nobody would've noticed about the pink in her hair if you didn't say anything :).

    cute card...good job on embellishing the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love it ! Super Colors and how you used the Nestie-great !

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your stitches on the card. love the DP too. isn't it so hard to alter an embellishment...but at least you added lots to your card. have a good hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! Hey, pink hair is trendy, right? :) I love your flower embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card...love those colors together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luv the dressed up flower Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is cute! I love the pretty flowers and how you did some sewing on your card too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's so pretty Sparkle! Really love this blue/pink combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute Sparks, love the colors and the cute image! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. LoVe the flowers Sparkle, very cute! You are the best! I have never sen a card of yours that I didnt' love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. such a gorgeous card, sweet image, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun shape for your image. I like your button/flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Love the pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sparkle this card is wonderful! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty - love the colors and your coloring is gorgeous! Also love the layered flowers, especially the button with pearl centers - what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I almost thought this dp was that old Basic Grey paper....can't remember the name.

    I like the simple layout of this card. And I wouldn't have noticed the hair if you didn't mention it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks