Friday, April 2, 2010

Farm Fresh Friday - Sketch Challenge and Goal Updates

Today's challenge is a sketch challenge. Please check out the Greeting Farm blog to see the full sketch and the rest of the DT's lovely creations. I must say that I think Laurie is one of my favorite critters! I think it's from watching Pepe Le Pew as a kid, lol.

Paper: Basic Grey
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment is Amuse
CTMH Brads, Copics, Nestabilites, and Rhinestones


I switched over to Firefox awhile back because you can't download the TGF digi stamps in Internet Explorer. I upgraded my Firefox and it's been wonky. I uninstalled it and then went back to the older version. It's still not totally fixed, but better. On the home desktop, Brent uses IE and can't get into his gmail account. We still have IE7, so do you think we should upgrade to 8?

Okay, now onto the more personal stuff. Though I'm a day late, it's time to check in with my goals. Can you believe that the first quarter is already over? I am so happy to finally cross something off my list. :) I also hope to do a little bit better this next quarter.
  • Pay off my car by the end of the year - Still chugging along...
  • Technical writing class (for work) - I still haven't signed up for one. With us being short staffed, opening new stores, launching new products, and our family reunion in Yellowstone this summer, I'm not sure when I'll be able to take this.
  • Photoshop and Illustrator Tutorials (for work) - I still haven't progressed any farther then where I was at in February. We launch our first store in Vancouver, BC on June 1st, so my work schedule will be very hectic until then.
  • Get Copic certified
  • Make tags with my Christmas cards - I still only have the 2 tags that I made in January. With my new DT taking over the CCC blog, I will have more time to work on this.
  • My secret project - is progressing really well! I'm really happy with everything I've been able to do in such a short amount of time. You can see where I've put most of extra effort into.
  • Use up more of what I already have - doing good...I've used up 2 of my old Basic Grey paper packs.
  • Spend 1/2 on crafting than last year - I went over budget by $60 in March, because I made a special purchase at A muse. I rarely go there - once every 6 months - so I made it worth my discount. :)
How are you all doing with your goals? I'm so happy it's Friday and it's almost the weekend! Since my birthday is Monday, I get a 3 day weekend! Wahoo!



30 comments:

  1. Super fun card!!! Happy early birthday:). Great job on your goals....right now I'm concentrating on the large spring cleaning task:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Sparkle! Amazing job with the sketch! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card. Love the new release from TGF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, too cute! what a great get well image!
    have a happy Friday!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the image and the fact that you are staying pretty true to your goal of using up your stash of paper.

    The good thing about goals is you can readjust them if needed, right? It may be something you need to think about so you don't feel stressed at not reaching them.

    I use Google Chrome these days and have no problems with downloads. I have tried Firefox and quite frankly almost every time I opened it there was some sort of update that needed to be installed and that was annoying, so I quit using it. I think I might have IE6 on here, too, but don't use it at all.

    Have a wonderful weekend and good for you for taking your birthday off! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh SWEET Spark your card is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skunk is just darling. Great job with your scraps as well.

    It does look like you are making progress on your goals. I really admire you for sharing what you've accomplished and how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, Sparkle! Love the layout and the papers you used are perfect.

    I, too, admire you for posting your progress toward your goals. You are moving forward. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Sparkle! It does kind of remind me of Pepe Le Pew too, lol. I really like the layout of this particular card and I like the way you poked the holes around part of the center circle image. Very clever. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute!! Love the stitching and the circle holes!
    My only goal right now is to lose at least 20lbs by July... can i do it? it remains to be seen...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card! I had IE problems and have no problems since switching to Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - i love the image too. I got Internet Explorer 8 and have no problems as of yet, touchwood. lol. I am using more of my papers = however it is so hard to finish up one pad of paper! So the fact you have finished two! well done x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute Sparkle! Love the sketch,the papers, everything!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute card! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is darling, Sparkle! I loved watching Pepe Le Pew, too!!

    I had issues with IE awhile back, switched to Firefox, liked it until I upgraded (can't remember what version) and it got really weird on me. Since then I'm back to IE (version 8) and haven't had any issues. I can get into gmail on version 8 (but I think I could on version 7, too..).

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute!

    I am using IE 8 and don't have any problems with gmail or downloading TGF images. That's the important part, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute card! Have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute. I haven't seen this image yet, and it's darling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is goreous Sparkle, love your colour work
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. do you think maybe you have a virus?? I was using IE7 and the new Firefox and they were fine, but we got a minor infection and they went wonky. I just got it all cleared up last weekend and now both work fabulous for me, although I still prefer Firefox. Good luck!

    great card; I loved Pepe LePew when I was growing up too! :) glad you're chugging along with your goals - I need to update mine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Firefox has been acting weird, I'm hoping they fix it soon!
    Truly an adorable card..you inspired me to use my BG Marrakech paper..hehehe!!
    Happy birthday in case I forget!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colors on this! :)

    I upgraded my Firefox to the latest version too and it keeps prompting me to restart my computer...pretty irritating actually...

    Have a great birthday weekend Sparkle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree, Laurie is one of my faves too!! I have always loved skunks! LOL! Love the colors and the way you framed the circle with the piercing!!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty card! I applaud you for completely using up 2 paper packs... I'm terrible for hoarding paper!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely love the card Sparks! Great job using up that paper...I stink at that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely adorable! That paper is gorgeous and I love all of the details you have added like the piercing, stitching and the breads! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card! Love your take on the sketch!

    I use Firefox and don't have a problem downloading stamps, checking my gmail or anything! Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable card and take on the sketch, Love it!

    I switched from IE to Firefox and had nothing but problems. I do have IE 8 on my new laptop, but actually I use Google Chrome and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I loved Pepe too!!! You card is fabulous. The colors are so bright and cheery. Sure to bring lots of smiles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks