Monday, March 29, 2010

TGF Battle, My Trip Home, and Copic Certification Class

Sorry this is so late! It was not fun to find out this morning that Blogger was having photo issues. I got through about all of yesterday's posts and half of Saturday's, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish all the way through Friday. I'm hoping that if any of you posted anything major over the weekend, I'll eventually figure it out. :)

I'm sorry I wasn't around for the beginning of the TGF Battle. My team the Holaback Girls is made up of me, Mary, Sandra, Kadie, and Kim. Since Kim is so wonderful at 3-D objects, we let her take this round with our old fashioned TV. Since I'm on a DT team, you can't vote for us anyways.


This is the inside of the card. Isn't it just adorable? Kim made this for her hubby! Though you can't vote for us, you still have through Tuesday to go to the TGF galleria and vote on your top 3 choices. From the ones I've seen so far, the competition is pretty steep!


My trip home was nice, though I do wish I would of seen Michael and Emily. I got to see my brother Brien's new place and it's really nice. Then I spent the afternoon at Kandi's house with her and Linda (the pic below). I wish I had a scrap room like Kandi's, lol! It's just lovely! It was nice to meet more local CTMH peeps.

Then I went over and saw Scott (Brent's twin) and Paula's new place. They just moved in a few weeks ago. They had people over for the fights, but it was nice to see some of our friends who we haven't seen since Scott and Paula's wedding last summer.

Sunday was the Copic Certification class and I had a great time. 2 peeps at my table work at Impress...and one of them lives in Maple Valley! It's truly a small world, lol. And Corinna, another CTMH consultant who lives in Gig Harbor was also at my table! I didn't get the chance to get a pic with Marianne, but she was wonderful! And she told me she loved my name. :)

I can't lie...I already knew most of the information that was provided. But it was neat to see all the different things you can do with the re-inkers, pearl additives, gold leafing, glossy paper, velum, and making patterns with the wide markers.

I also got to learn how to use the airbrushing system! I made Brent get it for me for Christmas, but I've been scared to play with it. Now I seriously can't wait to have time to play with it! It's going to be my new addiction, lol.

They're also in the process of creating an advanced certification class, so I'm excited for that as well. I would really recommend the class to anyone who's interested, though this was one of the last classes that Marianne herself will be teaching. She's planning on being at summer CHA already and I so wish I could go. I'll be at Yellowstone instead...poor me, eh? :) No offense to Brent, but I would probably pick CHA over anything if I could, lol.

Anyhoo- I hope you all have a fabulous Monday. I promise to have a card up tomorrow!

30 comments:

  1. Cute, cute card!

    Wow! It sounds like you had a FULL weekend. How fun. And if it makes you feel any better, I'd pick CHA over most things, too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time Sparkle.. And yeah, if I could I would chose CHA too...That's if I could afford to get on a plane and cross the pond!! Anywhoo...I am glad you caught up with your family and that you have an amazing time at your class!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great creations. So glad to have stopped by... Airbrushing huh, does sound exciting...

    hugs,
    jackielou

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an awesome week you had! this is amazing...good luck to those teams! they are truly amazing...love the creations here. sweet pics of the fun time you had and you are so lucky you got the airbrush system! so want one but afraid to try! can't wait to see your creations with them! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your air brushed projects! I'm glad you had a great time:) The DT card is soooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, I love the pretty coloring you did!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I saw your team's card in the galleria I so wished I could have voted for it. I thought the old fashioned tv set was an awesome idea. And to see the inside of it now shows how truly spectacular it was inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She did a great job! I love this card!!!
    So jealous you did a copic class, looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that card really is fabulous! I'm glad you had a nice time. I really want to take a copic cert class, and probably will if one ever comes within a couple hours of here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card!!! I love the b & w! And sounds like you had a lovely weekend! Congrats on being 'certified' even though we all know you got skillz already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sparkle, I LOVED your guys card for the contest (I did follow the rules and refrain from voting for the card though!!) It is fabulous! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love my airbrush, I just need to use it more! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is awesome! Sounds like a spectacular weekend. I know what you mean about Blogger problems. I was having them too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your TV card is adorable, Sparkle!! I love that TGF image. . .you colored her beautifully! Looks like you had a lot of fun with your crafting friends!!

    maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun card and how fun that you got to meet so many people this weekend. I can'tw ait to see what you do with the airbrush system.

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing card Sparkle, very clever design! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  17. woot woot for that TV...good grief, what an excellent idea!

    Sounds like you had a magnificent time this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I waould have been thrilled to take a copic cert class especially with Marianne, she is so talented

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gosh, it sounds like you had an amazing weekend! How wonderful! Love your pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG I love, love the 3D project!!! Woohoo! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sparkle, I love that TV card. Very cute and the theme fits wonderfully :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGosh this is such a clever idea to make the tv with the very decorative inside. Too Too Cute!

    Sounds like you had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a darling card, I LOVE the sentimant! *lol* Too cute!
    Thanks for sharing your pictures, look like you had a great time!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOWSA! That is an AMAZING project for sure!!
    I just took the Certification Class too and just ordered an Airbrush system! I cannot wait to play with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing project! Wishing good luck to the TEAM!
    Thank you so much for sharing the pictures, glad you had a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It was so fun to meet you in person!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cute, cute card!! So excited for you taking the class! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey there, do you mind if I post the pic of us at Copic? Wanted to share on my blog....Thank ya gurl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks