Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Princess Birthday Card

This is my little sister (my step mom's baby) Emily on Christmas day with her Cinderella doll that she asked Santa for. At Hmong New Years, she got a dubbed version of Cinderella in Hmong and she informed me during the holidays that Cinderella is indeed Hmong. What a silly girl...lol. But she does understand that Tinkerbell only speaks English when she begged me to get her Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure.


She turned 4 last Thursday and my parent's had a birthday party for her. I originally planned to go home...but since Brent was scheduled to work that Saturday, I stayed home and celebrated Jenn's and Rachel's belated birthdays. Doesn't Emily really look like Stella? So, here's my Stella card I made for her and she's wearing a lovely blue dress to match Cinderella.

Paper: Basic Grey Wisteria
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment is Amuse
Pearls, Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Crystal Stickles, and Thickers


Remember how I picked a word for 2010? Well, I saw Ali Edward's update post about her word and thought I would share too.

S letter T McElman_091012_4130_01 City Carpet Letter I alphabet series - v E

Ali picked 3 topics -- learn, create, and write. In her post, she gave suggestions of things you could do with each of these.
  • LEARN : Locate a book (online, library, bookstore) that addresses your word and make it a priority to read/learn something new about your word this month. I have been reading and I do think this will help me to strive and accomplish my goals. I can't really tell you what book I'm reading, or you'll know what my secret project is.
  • CREATE : Grab your camera and photograph the letters of your word. If you can't get out or you want a little instant gratification you can always check out Spell With Flickr. I went the easy route...since I work during the day, I don't really have time except on the weekends to go find letters. But I think I might make a mini sign and use my American Craft Thicker stickers.
  • WRITE : Consider writing out where you hope you will be in one year and the role your word will play for you in 2010. I have a goal calendar that I made in Excel and I have everything spaced out when I want to accomplish certain parts of each goal. It's so much easier for me to break all the big goals into a bunch of smaller ones.
Everyone have a lovely Tuesday! Yeah for Biggest Loser and Idol!

44 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! :)

    You are so organized Sparkle! Hope you achieve your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkle, she is darling!!! I can;t believe how big she is getting. LOVE your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparkle, she is adorable and so is your card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is not the same Emily is it? Oh boy, has she gotten all grown up looking! Wow! When your family gets together, do you speak English or Hmong? or a combination of both? Just being nosy, I guess.

    Thanks for the update on your word for the year. As organized as you are, there's no doubt in my mind that you will achieve your goal...whatever it may be!

    By the way, your card is just fabulous!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness...that is thee cutest card ever...Emily is going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This DOES look like her! Emily is soooo cute! What did you think of the show last night? I have a feeling Ali is gonna walk. Tenley really is the best fit for him. They are trying to give Jake a "bad boy" image, but it's just not working. My hubby, like yours, liked Corrie too. She gave the best answer when she said she move to Dallas but have her own apart. Good girl.
    Okay sweetie, have a great day! xOxO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card, Sparkle! Emily is so cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute card Sparkle! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your sister, she is definitely a princess!!!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable little sister and card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little sister is just adorable, and she does look like Stella! Such a cute card for her, I bet she'll be thrilled that it looks like her.

    Hmm, you've got us all guessing about your secret project. Hope whatever it is works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card!! Looks just like Emily and love her Cinderella dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, that is a cute card and a perfect fit for Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card can't wait to get our Greeting Farm stamps I need to color them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card. Emily looks just like her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a little sweetie!! your card is darling too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! Stella does look just like your baby sis- Happy Bday to Emily:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So adorable, and the card is so perfect for Emily! I love your word for the year, I should really look at doing something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good afternoon Sparks, wow what a fabulous card. Happy birthday to your daughter, she looks adorable!!! hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card! I love the number you added and fun layout!
    Thank you for sharing a picture of your cute sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That stamp could have been made in her likeness! Beautiful! And the card too of course!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable card. Your little sister must have loved it because it does resemble her. Love how you added the "shine" to the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your sister's card is sah-weet!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your sister is adorable as is your card! I always marvel at your coloring of dark hair..you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! I love that sparkly dress!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, i like the idea of goal setting, i like this colour combination - i had forgotten about this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww, sweet card. She looks just like little Emily! Such a cutie! :) I can't wait to steal away from work and watch BL tonight, too! :) Shhh, dont' tell on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sure your little sister will think the world of this card - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your little sister is beautiful, and so is her birthday card! Love the colors and dp!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your sister is so sweet, and so is your card Sparkle
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so adorable!! Yes, it does look a bit like Stella! She'll definitely adore this card! Perfect for a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sparkle, that really does look like her!! And that is a beautiful card with a fabulous color combo!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a sweetie your little sis is! This card is perfect for her, and really does look like her too! What a lucky girl to have you as such a "dotting" big sis!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. SO cute Sparkle!!! It is perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Aw...Emily is absolutely adorable...and your card is beautiful! How perfect! I will have to think of a word for myself...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Sparkle!! She really does look like your li'l sis! Your baby sister sounds a lot like my baby girl.....she loves Disney Princesses! She has Snow White, Cinderella, and two Ariels...it absolutely cracks me up to listen to her when she's playing with them. :> Thanks for sharing about your word. Sounds like you are quite organized....something I could stand to work on. When I chose my word this year, I have some very specific goals, but they are a few months down the road. I think I need to explore some ways to tie it in to Now! Thanks for the inspiration! :>

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow she is getting so big! And your card matches her so well ;) The Learn, Create, Write plan sounds like a fun planning tool, makes me want to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Awww...your niece is adorable and so is your card. Your cards are always so well put together and polished. I need lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  38. How very cute and it looks just like Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Aww, Stella is so cute! Love the pretty blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  40. She is adorable, definitely your little mini-me. The card is a perfect compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks