Monday, February 15, 2010

Miss Anya Love Card

If you're looking for the TGF My Cheeky Valentine blog hop, just click on the link or scroll down to the next post. The blog hop closes at 9am CST.

Okay, this is gonna be a jam packed entry today. Since some have asked, Catherine decided to take all 3 of my Bella wedding cards, because she couldn't choose which one she liked the most, lol. Ali might be surprised when she receives 3 wedding cards! :) Catherine loved them all, and guess what? I was right about the blue dresses and green bouquets! Catherine was shocked when she saw the cards, since she never told me. My artistic soul must of been talking to me.

With wedding cards and Cheeky previews, I've gotten behind on my Club Anya and Friends Sketch Challenges. So here is my card for last week's sketch #5. Though it's posted late...I did make this way before Valentine's day.

Paper: Basic Grey Indian Summer
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment is A muse
Prima Flowers, PTI Button, Copics, Twine, CTMH Brads, Nestabilities, and Crystal Stickles


Kim wanted to see whole pictures of my wedding dress, so I thought I would share. I got married on July 5th, 2008 down in Portland, but I know that many of my newer blog viewers haven't seen my wedding pictures.

I wanted to represent all parts of my different cultures, so I wore a traditional white dress, my traditional Hmong clothes, and a Chinese dress. Since my mom was born and raised in Hawaii, I used all tropical flowers for my wedding. We had used tropical flowers for her funeral as well, so that was really important to me. I also appreciated all the work and help Anna (my step mom) did for my wedding too.


Though I uploaded the pictures small, if you click on them, you can view them much larger. These are the originals from the photographer, so they're pretty large file sizes. And honestly, I don't really recommend 3 dress changes in one night, lol.

After Anna got married to my Dad, he took her up to Vancouver and she got me these cute little figurines. I really wanted them as our cake toppers, but Brent said "no" because he wasn't a Chinese boy, lol. I even offered to paint the boy's hair yellow. :) Now I just use them as part of my Chinese New Years decor!



Well, most of you in the US probably have today off, but I have to work today. So I hope you all have a great holiday and can't wait for Bachelor tonight!

34 comments:

  1. Adorable card Sparkle, love the colours and gorgeous pics of your wedding.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet, adorable card, Sparkle.

    I remember seeing some pictures of your wedding a while back (when you were scrapping, I think), but I don't recall seeing your Hmong outfit. What a beautiful thing to see you embrace all the cultures in your life and to pay tribute to your mom with the tropical flowers. Can I just say you were a gorgeous bride! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! The pigtails are so cute!

    Love seeing your photos again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh so pretty! Love the bows in her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you card, she is so cute with her dark hair and pretty ruffles. Great Wedding photos too, beautiful - you must have been exhausted though changing so many times!

    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great card! I love her sparkly dress and bows in her hair.

    Like the others, I enjoyed seeing your wedding photos again. Very beautiful bride! I can't imagine having 3 outfits, the time just flew by at our wedding and I can't imagine having enough time. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling card!!

    Love your wedding photos!! You pulled off the 3 dress changes fantastically!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun post! All your dresses are gorgeous, and so are you. :) And I LOVE that card... I wanted to buy that little Miss Anya Love set last night but she's sold out. :( *sigh* maybe with March's release... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous, and I love the wedding pics! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the sparkle you added! I have such a hard time with that Basic Grey paper but you did awesome with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A happy CNY to you! Thanks for sharing with us Sparkle - looks like a fun time! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card Sparkle!!!! And what a beautiful wedding you had!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Very nice pictures! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards a gorgeous! I love the papers/sewing.
    I too love seeing your wedding pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww...I love this image...so well colored...love the glitter!

    Really lovely to see your wedding pictures! Your stepmom sounds like a really nice person!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a beautiful card - and your wedding photos are even more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling card....and you wedding photos are awesome...thanks for posting them again...I missed them before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your anya Valentine's day card. it is super duper cute! love the color red! thanks for sharing those pics and the story behind the pictures! you look so pretty! hope you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Darling card and wedding pictures! Thanks for sharing! And those figurines are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an adorable card Sparkle!! Also thanks for sharing your dresses photos. Very interest story about you too. How cute is that Chinese doll couple :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohhh, so sweet...Love the card and the pics! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think this is my favorite Anya image. Love how colorful your card is and of course your coloring is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is very pretty Sparkle! I miss my TGF stamps and will have to give them some love very soon.
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute card!

    Love the wedding pics! Wow you're brave for doing 3 dress changes! I can't imagine doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute card! Love the paper! Great pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I love your pics. Gorgeous dresses Sparkle.
    And love your card as always.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. great card and great papers! nice to see the wedding pics again and super cute decorations for Chinese New Year! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card, and your wedding photos are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great Gigi card!

    Love seeing your wedding photos- will have to go back to look for your original posts :)... (I had 2 dresses for my wedding too- traditional Chinese & a gown!)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute card. I love the layers of paper that you did! The pics are gorgeous. Wow, three dresses!!! I have cultures but I'm not that cultural myself so seeing others do it is always fun. The figurines are cute. It'd been funny if the boy was painted :P I'm sure you'd do a great job though with your coloring skills... highlights and all even :P

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy New Year Sparkle! You look beautiful in all three of your wedding gowns. You must have felt like a movie star at the Academy Awards with all those wardrobe changes. That's how every bride should do it! Why not?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks