Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where I Shop...

The most popular question I get asked is where I buy things from. Actually, I take that back, everyone always asks if Sparkle is my real name at some point. :) I thought I would make a post with all the items and store links and add this post to my link bar on top of my blog so you can always just click on it.

If I'm forgetting something, comment and I'll keep updating this! Thanks.

Black Ink
  • I personally use Brilliance Graphite Black ink for my images that I color with my Copics. I buy the ink refills at Impress Rubber Stamps, but you can buy this kind of ink almost anywhere, including Michael's.
  • Another ink I really like is Amuse's. The only con is that it is still a water-based ink, so it runs when I use my Stickles. But this dries much quicker than the Brillance.
  • Others like and use Memento ink...but it smells funny to me, lol. The smell bothered me too much to keep using it -- but it does stamps well. I think I bought my pad at Amuse, as the ever so famous Julie Ebersole uses it with her Copics.
Buttons
Cardstock
  • Since I use to be a CTMH Consultant, I am currently using CTMH white cardstock. I haven't had any issues with it with my Copics and that's what I color all my images on.
  • For something cheaper, some use Georgia Pacific, which you can buy at Walmart and Sam's Club.
Copics
  • Merri Artist - More expensive, but the best availability and the fastest shipping.
  • Oozak - This is where I personally bought most of my markers from, but that was before the prices got raised in early 2009.
Nestabilities
  • Impress Rubber Stamps - If I don't want to wait for shipping...I get them locally here in the Seattle area. They do sell all their items online as well if you're not a Washingtonian.
  • Ritz Camera - This is the cheapest place around for single sets.
  • U Cut At Home - If you're buying the basic shapes, signing up for the monthly 40% coupon and getting the sets of 4 together is the best price for sets.
Paper
  • Thienthanh - This is an Etsy store. She sells sample packs of 6x6 paper. This is perfect for card makers! You can buy tons of paper and not have to buy full sets.
Prima Flowers
  • Island Scrapbooking - This is an Ebay store, but please don't be leery of it. She has some of the best prices and she ships quickly! The thing I love the most is that she sells sample packs, so you can buy a great variety without buying the whole flower packs.
Stamps
  • All That Scraps - since they sell a variety of stamps, I buy stamps from CC Designs, Kraftin Kimmie, and Whiff of Joy from here.
Snowflake Punches
  • The snowflake punches I use are actually Marvy, but I bought them from Papertrey Ink to match their stamp sets Snowfall and Snowfall Additions.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I feel like I just went on a crafty shopping spree with you! lol Actually, since I have a couple of gift cards from Christmas burning holeS in my pocket, I guess I have shopping on the brain right now! :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great tips. Thanks so much for sharing "SPARKLE"! Is this your real name?! lol
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks Sparkle! I love to shop for craft stuff and it's cool to get someone else's favorite places to try! BTW, IS Sparkle your real name!? JK! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkle - Thanks so much for compiling this information for your followers. Great resources. Much appreciated!!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this information. I didn't know Ritz Camera sold nestabilities. I am going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks