Sunday, January 10, 2010

News, News...and Book Review: No Shortcuts to the Top

If you're looking for my Christmas Card Challenge, just scroll down to the post below. Though it was late, I did get my card up. :)



I'm very excited to tell you all that starting this Friday, I have joined the Design Team for Raise the Bar. It's a challenge blog and there will be weekly challenges on Fridays. I met Joni while she was a Guest Designer on Club Anya (and Friends) during my summer term as a Gardener. I was very honored when she asked me to join this team.

Since I'm also guest designing for The Greeting Farm until the end of February, my Raise the Bar posts will be on Saturdays. :)

I've been done with this book for a bit, but I just haven't had time to write about it. At our Manager's Conference this year, our keynote speaker was Ed Viesturs. He's a famous mountain climber. Well, he wrote a book about climbing the highest 14 peaks in the world and gave all of us a free copy of his book. Though this isn't my kind of reading at all, it was a free book, lol.



It was a little hard to get into at first, since I don't know a thing about mountain climbing. But after you figure out what all the tools and terms are, lol, it's a very interesting story. I actually got quite intrigued in his adventures and I learned a ton about this sport.

I don't expect anyone to actually read this, lol...but if you need a book idea for a sports guy, this might be a good present. Next on my list is the Informant. Brent and I watched this movie, but I'm interested in what I will learn from reading the book. And Brent surprised me at Christmas with getting me the Blindside, so I have plenty to read for awhile. :)

26 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new gig! Another challenge.. yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooohooo congratualtions!!!!!!!! im so proud of you!!!! im looking forward to the challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'll send an email to my friend Deb to have ya'll added to The Daily Dare blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new design team!
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you sweetie! Can't wait to see :)

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Sparkle...looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Sparkle! Con't wait to see what this new challenge blog brings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on the DT spot! can't wait to see what you cookup for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new design team Sparkle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! I am going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another team!! Double the fun, double the congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, now I need to go buy that book, LOL. Love the theme! Congrats on the new Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! Off to check out the site :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats, Sparkle! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on making the DT Sparkle!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Sparkle! You definitely raise the bar in your creations and I look forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the new DT position! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!! I'm looking forward to your amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Sparkle - it's all great news! As you know, I just lurve your creations so the more the better! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations Sparkle! Great to know you are joining the DT and look forward for your creations!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats, Sparkle! Your work is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations and good luck!
    Hope it's a heap of fun!
    Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh songrats Sparkle! I can't wait to check out the challenge blog and your fabulous creations. I can't view your photos from some locations when the use photobucket. So I have to wait until I get home to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lot's of great news! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks