Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daily December Catch Up

December 15th, 2009

I came home from work and Brent tells me Charlie Brown Christmas is on. We watch this every year together. :) He asks me, "What is your all time favorite Christmas movie?" Well, Love Actually is my favorite movie of all time, and it's actually a Christmas movie, lol. Yeah, it starts before and ends after Christmas, but I still consider it a Christmas movie. So he says, "Well, do you consider Die Hard a Christmas movie then?" (If you aren't a Bruce Willis fan like I am, the movie takes place during a work Christmas party.) Something to ponder, lol. What are your thoughts on that? :) Brent's favorite is National Lapoon's Christmas Vacation.


December 16th, 2009

Look what came in the mail! I know you're probably all sick and tired of me talking about it...but I just can't hold my excitement in. Though I don't post on 2 Peas in a Bucket, I do lurk on there quite a bit. The Non-Scrapbooking Board is my all source of knowledge. But don't say I didn't warn you, the gals on there are ruthless and will tear you apart.

One day I was lurking as usual and someone had posted about bidding for Olympic tickets. I asked Brent and threw in our names. I really wanted to bid for Figure Skating tickets, but it was just too expensive. We compromised on Men's Hockey, and Canada and USA are predicted to be top contenders! Though we are going to the arena, I am sad we can't see a Canucks game while we are there.


If I knew what life was going to throw at us, looking back, I wouldn't of gotten these tickets. Getting my car stolen and buying a new house obviously were things that hadn't happened or even thought about yet. But since it's money we already spent...might as well enjoy our once in a lifetime experience.

Summer 2012 Olympics are in London. I keep teasing Brent we should go back. We went to London as part of our honeymoon last year. Maybe one day when I'm retired and rich enough, I'm become an Olympic roadie, lol. This is totally unrealistic, but it's a fun dream to have.

12 comments:

  1. HI Sparkle! I have a friend whose entire family considers Die Hard their favorite Christmas movie and it is their tradition to watch it every year together!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that one day your dream will come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Sparkle!

    It's a toss up for me, either Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life. Can I have two? Now that you brought up Die Hard I might have to consider that one...Gosh..there are too many favorites to narrow it down!

    One day I hope your dream comes true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always love A Christmas Story.. it's so silly that it cracks me up!

    I love Charlie Brown Christmas!! We watched it all weekend (over and over again - Sabrina's request). It's so funny because I just stamped this image and colored it (it's sitting on my table waiting to be made into a card). I love Snoopy! He is my favorite!

    It's so great to have dreams.. you never know when one might come true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek...I'm so excited for you! That game will be SO much fun! I would have to say that Die Hard would definitely be a Christmas movie...especially in my house full of boys! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Die Hard!!!! One of my favs.
    But The Grinch (original cartoon) is my families fav.
    You will have so much fun at the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those CB shows. We missed that one this year.
    Have a WONDERFUL!! time at the Olympics. I can only imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, National Lampoon is also John's favorite Christmas movie, *sigh*. Actally, it's tied for favorite along with A Christmas Story (I can't stand either movie). My favorite is A Muppet Chritmas Carol - I just love it!!

    Have fun at the hockey game - it's bound to be good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I'm going to have to answer it with a post of my own on Xmas movie (& link it back here).

    Yay for you and your DH for getting tickets! Good-luck with your dream!

    P.S. I totally know what you mean about how ruthless some scrappers can be on message boards! I'm pretty new in the stamping world, but so far it seems that people are nicer :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously, you chose my two favorite Christmas movies- Die Hard and the Charlie Brown Christmas Special. I watch both every year. I mean, who cannot get behind a family reunited and the good guys winning. That just inspires all kinds of warm fuzzies! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that show and agree it's not the Christmas season until I've seen it. :) wow - Olympics?!!! AWESOME! I'm super happy for you. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks