Friday, December 11, 2009

Chibi Cupcakes

It's my friend Marjorie's birthday next weekend and here is the card I made for her. I know it's super early...but I sent her card late last year and I am determined to be "on time" this year. I still have 2 more December birthdays...so more birthday cards still to come. I do appreciate the Christmas break, lol, but sadly, I'm ready for Valentine's Day to be here.

Paper: Basic Grey Nook and Pantry
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment is Amuse
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Nestabilities, Copics, Rhinestones, Crystal Stickles, and MS Border Punch


December 10th, 2009

Speaking of mail...I finally got all of my Christmas cards out! Walgreens took forever to get my pictures done, so I was not a happy camper. Here they are all addressed and ready to go. Since I didn't have to rush any of these, as we were signing them Brent kept saying, "Wow, this card is awesome." I let him pick out the ones he wanted to sent to his friends and co-workers.


I haven't thought of Vic in a long time, but sending out my cards this year reminded me of him. Vic was my mail carrier in Denver, when I worked at the Training Center. He was the sweetest guy and the winter I left to move to Seattle, was the winter he retired. Now that I work in the Corporate Office, I never see the mail carriers. I just give my mail to the Admin Assistants.


Some have asked me lately how I take pictures of my cards. I'm almost scared to share this with you, lol. But here is a pic of my very messy desk. That lamp, I bought at Target for $9.99. I have a 75 watt light bulb in there. The lamp is sitting on my Amuse tin that is full of Copic markers, lol. And I just use 2 sheets of white cardstock for my background.


I only have a Sony Cybershot that Brent bought me for my birthday a few years ago. It's a great Point and Shoot camera. I use no flash and turn on the macro setting to get details. I think pictures not shot in macro are blurry now, lol. I have Adobe Creative Suite 3, so I have a full version of Photoshop. That is what I use to edit my pictures. I would totally recommend Photoshop Elements if you want something a little easier.

I either adjust the auto color or the white level in the picture so that the white background doesn't look grayish. Then I bump up the brightness. Since I try to capture my glitter, I also "sharpen" my image in Photoshop. Sometimes this can make your photo look grainy though. I don't have time to do a real tutorial, but I do have simulation software. Maybe after the holidays I can do a Photoshop one if you really want to see how I edit my photos.

Scary how I went from this last picture to my first one on top, huh? :) Everyone have a fabulous Friday! It's almost the weekend.

33 comments:

  1. Cute card Sparkle!! That mound of cards is SO incredible!! What eye candy!! And, what lucky recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I'm sure she will love it! How wonderful that you got your cards out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one great birthday card. Such a cute image too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute Birthday card :) hey, that's what my desk looks like right now hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is adorable! Love the glitter.....My cards are still not out either, waiting on photos....Hoping they will all go on Monday. I will feel so much better once they've gone!

    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful sparks... love the funny image... Thanks for the phototip...Hugs Silke

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love her so much Spark, so sweet. I take my pictures the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is absolutely adorable! I'm sure your friend is going to love it. What a stack of cards you have to send out. Very neat that Brent helps you with the task. He's a keeper for sure!

    Thanks for sharing your picture taking process (and your desk). I appreciate the tips you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute!! Love the green and pink! Thanks for the photo tips, too. I need 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card. Marjorie will love it. Thanks for letting us know how you take your pictures. That's something I would like to get better at. I probably do need some sort of software, though. Anyway, how fun that Brent could go through your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOOO super cute, Sparkle! You colored Chibi Cupcake up so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice card! I'm sure your friend will love it :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute. I was looking at that image and now I've got to have it.

    Thanks for sharing about your photo tips...I just can't seem to get the lighting right. My photoshop is coming & I'm going to take a class at the college so I know how to do it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. Look at all those Christmas cards. Sparkle, I am so envious. I only wish that I had joined along in your weekly challenges and then I could have a pile like that. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my,that's alot of cards!!!!
    Your b'day card is soooo lovely Sparkle!!! I'm sure your friend will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great coloring! You have been busy!!! WOW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute little cupcake gal!

    I'm SO impressed that you have your cards ready to mail; mine have been finished for a month, but have yet to see envelopes!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. amazing card, such a sweet image again, well done finishing your cards and your desk is not half as messy as mine! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card, Awesome coloring!
    You amaze me how you get it all done! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute card!! and wow, awesome job at getting all those cards ready to mail out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yippee! The giant card pile is gone now! Great job Sparkle! I'm sure everyone looks forward to getting one of your cards.

    This Chibi card is too cute. I JUST got that BG pack in the mail today! ...along with some more Copics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the chibi card...and the insights on how you photograph your cards. I recently starting using an infinity board I made myself - but am still working out the bugs with the lighting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OK THAT is a ton of cards!!!!...
    Love your darling image...beautiful Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable card! And I love hearing (and seeing!) how you take your pictures! I am always unsatisfied with mine! Thank you! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute card, Sparkle! Thanks for the photo tips, too. My set up looks a lot like yours, with the cardstock and lamp...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another adorable card! Wow! Look at all of those Christmas cards! Your family and friends sure are lucky to receive a handmade goodie from you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. As always this card is cute! Thanks for the glimpse into your photo taking!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the sweet Birthday card!
    Wow! Lots of cards to send, your friends and family lucky to have a handmade gift from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Boy did you have a lot of cards to send out, wow! It's very cool that Brent compliments your work. My bf doesn't really care. lol

    Your card is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Okay I should have done your challenges I too would be mailing out my cards. Hope you will start again in January, I will follow suite fo sure. What a awesome way it will be to use more of my Christmas stamps, even my favorites from way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oi vay! Look at all them sitting there. Good job on getting them out, my friend! I realized that I should have exchanged addresses with you so that I could have a Sparkle Creation sitting in my home ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks