Sunday, December 6, 2009

Xmas Sweeties Card and 2010 Christmas Card Challenge Week #1

I started making Christmas cards year round last year so I wouldn't stress about making all my cards at once. It was really fun to make cards year round and I look forward to doing it again.

This week's challenge: Santa! Use any santa image you would like! I've had this image forevah...and I'm just getting around to using him. Jenn made a blue Santa the other day and I was inspired to make my Ian a blue Santa. :)

Paper: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment is Amuse
Snowflake Punches, CTMH Bigger Brads, Copics, Crystal Stickles, PTI Buttons, and EK Success Border Punch


Since it's been awhile and I'm starting a new year of Christmas cards, I thought that I would go over the rules again. The only REAL rule is that you make a new Christmas, Holiday, or Winter card. If you don't, I'll take your link off my Mr. Linky box. The challenges are extra and you can choose to do them or not do them. Easy enough, right? I typically make 2 each of the same card so I have about 100+ cards by next December. You can adjust the challenges to accommodate however many cards you need. Maybe you only need to make 1 card a week or 1 card every 2 weeks, etc.

You have all week to link your card. But if you link your card after Wednesday during the week, please try to leave me a comment. I don't always remember to check back and I really try to comment on all the cards that participate in my challenges.

Lastly, I've decided that I'm going to give away prizes for the first challenge of each month. So once you link your card, you'll be entered to win a goodie from me. I will randomly draw my winner on Saturday at midnight.

Mr. Linky Note: Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL into the Mr. Linky form. Thanks and please still post a comment so I know you added a card!

With the Bella Hop, I'm a day behind in pictures. I'm a huge Bachelor/Bachelorette fan and when I saw Jillian wear this, I knew I had to have one. I had to special order it and it'll be here early January. I'm so excited to go to the Olympics and now I get to go in style. :) And by any chance someone wants one, you can order them from Aritzia.


Brent asked me to go to the mall with him today. I don't mind the crazy shopping crowd, so we should have a fun day shopping. Everyone have a fabulous Sunday.

41 comments:

  1. Oh, cute! Fun sketch and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparks, your card is so pretty, I love the blue and the image... Love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. darling blue santa:) I should be so organized to make 2 of 1 design...Brent asked you to go shopping? That man is a keeper:)

    lucky duck for going to Vancouver 2010!!

    Mizu was delish...I tend to get the scallops...love the stuff but never make it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've gotta say that image makes me think of Elvis singing Blue Christmas...I don't know why really, but that's what popped into my head.

    If I were smart, I would take you up on this challenge...but I don't think I'm that smart. LOL

    Wonderful card, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Santa in blue, lookin so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Sparkle, Adore what you have done with this little guy, cool colours. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, Sparkle! I love the blue Santa and would have never thought of that! It's especially pretty with the Eskimo Kisses dp!

    I'm so excited to start a new year of Christmas card challenges and I want to be more consistent in playing so I'm so behind come Dec.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute blue Ian! I wouldn't have thought if it, but I love it! That paper is too cute!

    I would love to participate in your challenges sometime, hopefully I can get more organized this next year. Have fun shopping today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sparkle, such a great idea to start your Xmas cards in January! I think you've inspired me to do it as well! For someone who usually starts shopping in July, I also wanna be efficient with cards (still can't believe you do ALL of your shopping on Black Friday!).

    Your card is adorable and I just love Santa Ian in blue!!! Speaking of blue, that jacket is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Ian is so cute in blue! I'm going to try and join in on the Christmas card making this week...although my cards this week will probably be for this year...lol! I also don't think I have any Santa images but I'll look. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great card Sparkle! I love the image & the colors you used. GREAT job! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute is he in blue?! Neat you're back at week one again too! Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You are uber organized! I am still getting my Christmas cards sent for this year. I did a card a week for about six months and that helped me out so much. I am going to try to start with you, but no promises...hee hee!

    Love your card! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! That Santa is so cute!
    Can't believe it is time to start on the 2010 cards already! Can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! I already know what to do for this week's challenge! Have fun shopping. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I added a card to the challenge! have fun shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made my Ian blue last week too! :) ..great job! and I will for sure start playing on Sundays because I don't have even half of what I need to send out so O well..hopefully next year.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute image and you have done a great job with the coloring!!

    Super idea to get a jump on the cards for 2010 Christmas. I have posted my card in Mr Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ian looks FAB in blue!!!
    I don't know what I am going to do after Christmas as I find I am ADDICTED to Christmas cards....Thank goodness for your challenge..I will have an excuse to keep making them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just got all of my Christmas cards I created this year, while playing along, addressed and ready to send out this week. It's hard to believe you're already starting for next year. I tried to be consistent this year, so I'll have to join you consistently next year. Bring on the challenges, and yay for being done early! It truly is fabulous to be done with all my cards for this Christmas already.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really cute card!! I hope to play along more this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your blue Santa! I may have to try to play along with your challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card. I love the blue Santa Ian. I'm so glad you are doing this challenge again this year. It's been fun and I look forward to playing most weeks, hopefully.

    I love the sweatshirt and that will be perfect for your olympic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your darling blue santa card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Super cute card! I love the image. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute card!! I love the blue, that is awesome. I like the sweatshirt too...I am a hoodie addict!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your blue Santa! He's cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats on the winter games!That is such a cool thing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am such a dork for only creating one card for one of your challenges now I have so few cards WAAhhh! I love your Santa he's too cute! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the blue and wow 2010 cards...

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a super cute card! Ian is adorable in his blue suit!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a fantastically beautiful blue Santa card!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the non-trad blue santa outfit! Must try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fab Ian card! He looks good in blue! I managed to get a post up for your challenge, but didn't find a Santa to use - must go shopping!

    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like the color blue on Ian Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I had forgotten to post a comment letting you know that I entered the contest/challenge. :) Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm so late starting your card challenge...but better late then never! Thanks so much for the motivation, it's much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks