Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Not the Typical Sympathy Card...

Some of you probably have already seen or participated in this. My friend Sarah lost her 3 year old son, Henry, last week. I've never met Sarah in person, but I've been blessed to have been on design teams with her. She's the one with the funny Bella comment that I posted right before Halloween.

My other friend Lorie, has been organizing a way to donate for a memorial for Henry. Henry loved his local zoo and visited it almost every day in the summer. As a memorial, trees will be planted there in his honor. Melissa at Pink Cat Studio has created a digital stamp to help raise funds for a tree for Henry. All proceeds from the sale of the digi stamp, minus Paypal costs, will go towards the tree. If you would like to donate towards the tree, please click here to purchase the digi stamp.

Paper: Basic Grey Offbeat
Stamps: Pink Cat Studio, sentiment is PTI
Pearls, American Craft Brads, Copics, Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Crystal Stickles, and Nestabilities


Katie at Paper Makeup Stamps has also been so generous and created a Henry angel stamp. This stamp is available now in digital and rubber form. You can purchase them here. $2.50 from each sale of this stamp, will go directly to the Anderson family. This will help to build the memorial at the zoo or for any other means the family needs it to keep little Henry's memory alive and well for his little brother Jack.

Paper: My Minds Eye
Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps, sentiment is PTI
Snowflake Punches, PTI Buttons, Crystal Stickles, CTMH Bigger Brads, Copics, and Rhinestones


As you can see, I purchased both and made cards for the Anderson family. I don't have kiddos, so I can't even begin to understands that kind of loss. But I know they will appreciate all of the good thoughts and kindness from everyone. Have a wonderful hump day!

26 comments:

  1. what a great way to keep their sons memory alive. the cards are. i think that the cards are very appropriate and they will appreciate the gesture. good job on the design and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so precious, Sparkle...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What thoughtful friends you are to Sarah! I'm sure she will really appreciate what you are doing. And your cards are just wonderful, Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Sparkle! They will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. both of your cards are absolutely perfect...they are going to love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these are both great. Thanks for letting me know about the second digi stamp...I may have to get that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your friend Sarah's story. May prayers are with her. And thank you for sharing the fundraising idea for her son, I purchased my adorable digi stamp....I'll spead the word.

    I love you work Sparkle!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are just beautiful creations, Sparkle! I'm sure they will help brighten the days ahead for Sarah and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very sad reason to make a card. But I'm sure it will bring a smile to her face! It's a very sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards...love the stamps too. I've purchased the first, off to see about the PMS one too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sparks, the cards are so very pretty... Love your coloring! Hugs Silke

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are wonderful! I'm still waiting on my PMS order.....still so sad for Sarah and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are so precious! My prayers are with your friend and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are adorable! I love your color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sparks, your cards are awesome!!
    I always look forward to visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards, Sparkle, and such a sad loss (to lose a child). My heart aches for them and prayers go out for healing in their time of need. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are stunning - I'm sure the family will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The story is SO sad I was so moved when I read about it the other day. I LOVE what you did with these images and I will have to do my part. I cannot imagine what she is going through.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my goodness, I am so moved, can't imagine what that poor family are going through! Those images are so sweet though and I hope many are sold to raise money to keep little Henry's memory living on. hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of your cards are beautiful Sparkle. I feel so terrible and can't imagine what this family is going through right now.
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Sparkle...those cards are so sweet and special!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful job on both cards! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this card it evokes childhood memories! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sparks, this is a wonderful tribute to Lorie & Henry. I've seen many posts all over blogland. It's amazing how we can be brought together to celebrate the memory of Henry. Your cards are amazing as usual, but the snow angel is my fav. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks