Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blog Candy Winner and Christmas Card Challenge Week #51

It's been fun reading all of your comments. I hope you all get those Copics! :) So far, I have narrowed my list to a photo light box, the copic airbrush system, and a Janome mini sewing machine. I considered some of the Cricut stuff...but I honestly haven't used my Cricut since I packed up my apartment.

Out of the 80 comments, Brent chose #38 as my winner for the blog candy. Congratulations Catherine! Email me your address to sparklingapple17@hotmail.com and I will mail your goodies to you.

Paper: SU Cardstock, Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Stamps: Riley and Company, sentiment and border is PTI
Snowflake Punches, PTI Buttons, Crystal Stickles, Nestabilities, and Copics
I'm not really too happy with this photo, so I'm gonna try to take another one in the morning. Since I'm coming to the end of Christmas cards 2009, any Christmas, Holiday, or Winter card is good for this challenge! Next week will be my first whole year of making Christmas cards!

Many have asked about my Snowflake punches. The ones I have are the Marvy punches. They come in 5 sizes and Papertrey Ink made two stamp sets last year, Snow Fall and Snow Fall Additions, that match 4 of the sizes of the snowflakes. Martha Stewart also has a few snowflake punches out and they're next on my list.

Mr. Linky Note: Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL into the Mr. Linky form. Thanks and please still post a comment so I know you added a card!

Everyone have a great Sunday!

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your one year of making Christmas cards anniversary lol
    I love today's card, he is so cute and I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching your goal, Sparkle! I can well imagine how good it must feel.

    Cute card, I like the dimension in the hat and beard. *Ü*

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW U made a lot of XMas cards. Congrats! Your card is adorable!! Love those Nesties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Riley is just adorable! I love your layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card...love the glitter...wow, good for you and approaching your 1 year of making holiday cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Congrats on sticking to the weekly Christmas cards. Now what am I going to have to look forward too on Sunays?

    Thanks for letting us in on you snowflake punches too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that Riley makes a super cute Santa! Good job on sticking to your challenge, Sparkle! Maybe I'll join ya on this next years challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! I love the sketch.
    Congrats Catherine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I didn't know Marvy made snowflake punchs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to the winner! :) Your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, love Riley and the snowflakes! I will have to look for those punches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just too cute Sparkle. Love your colors and the stitching looks fab. Beautiful card girlfriend. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i got a light box yesterday :)...but i am so curious about the copic airbrushing system and that sewing machine you talked about now :).

    very cute card...my fave is the stitching and his beard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I DO love your snowflakes...and your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome card! I was reading through your posts and I can't believe you have EVERY Bella & Riley! I guess you know what you like :o) Me, not so much - I have to get a little of everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! Great layout, stitching and embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! Love the layout. Congrats on reaching your goal!! I'll be thinking of you (with envy)while I'm scrambling to finish my holiday cards. LOL. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really love the fun layout of this adorable Riley card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow you are Christmas card maniac! I love the Kraft stock the sewn paneling and the great texture to Riley's Santa Beard! Have a great night! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a perfect Riley for the season! I have to remember to use those Labels -- they really add a touch of elegance to the image panel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. another gorgeous Christmas card. :) I'm excited to get settled in our new home and start making Christmas cards in January - John will think I'm crazy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another fabulous card! Love that Santa Riley! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you did this layout..Just a little DP went a long way. I just love Riley he's to cute..Great job!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely rich colors and cute texture on Riley!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on reaching your goal Sparkle! Your card is adorable!! Such beautiful color combos and Riley is adorable!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on your goal, girlie!

    This Riley card is so cute and festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those Riley stamps are just so cute and you made him even cuter! If that is possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card, great colouring, what more can I say?! Oh yeah, put in my linky!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi there

    I have entered again. Hope you like it.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is my second comment post but wanted to let you know i posted a card! hope you had a happy thanksgiving!!! have fun on black friday!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just linked up my card. Thanks for a great challenge.

    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  32. love the design and the beard is fab! your coloring, as always, is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow- WHOLE YEAR OF CHRISTMAS CARDS!!
    I JUST DID SOME FOR MY OVERSEAS FRIENDS (LIVING IN ISRAEL WE JUST NEED SOME FOR FRIENDS..) SO THIS IS ONE- AND I LIKE IT- HOPE YOU TOO
    I ADDED IT TO LINKY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks