Monday, October 5, 2009

Kitchen Tilda

Here is my card for KL Stampin n Scrappin. Kelly was so sweet to send me some images of these cute Tildas. She would be super cute for recipe cards! So...it's been all over 2 Peas about boiling cans of condensed milk and turning it into caramel. It sounds good...but haven't tried it yet. With fall coming, I've been wanting to make caramel apples. Have any of you done it? They say to just peel the sticker off and boil the can for 3 hours in water...

Paper: Basic Grey Indian Summer
Stamps: Magnolia, sentiment is PTI
Pearls, Copics, Crystal Stickles, Nesties, and MS Border Punch


I must say that even though Magnolia makes the cutest stamps...I haven't been overall too happy with them as a company. I understand they're not the US...but their stamps still aren't making it here in time for the holidays. Which is too bad, since their new Halloween stamps are just adorable. Plus, they just raised their prices this fall too. If I got better customer service, this wouldn't bother me.

Anyhoo- everyone have a great Monday! It's back to work for me...

21 comments:

  1. So darling! Awesome Elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what an adorable card!! Great coloring! Cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Sparkle! Look at this adorable card! I love the DP you chose for it, the whole creation is so warm and cozy, I feel like I want to get into my kitchen and bake something. ;) My 2 DDs are under the weather, and yet in my head I'm trying to figure out a way to go out and buy that MS loop edge punch. lol! Bad mommy...
    Have a wonderful day Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card Sparkle. I'm sorry to hear about your Magnolia customer service woes. I figure customer services has got to be first, especially in this economy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!

    Bummer about Magnolia's customer service. I have a tough time with that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, Sparkle! What a comfy homey feel to this card. *Ü*

    I haven't heard of doing that do condensed milk. Boiling for 3 hours sounds like a LONG time though! I'd probably not attempt it here, being in high altitude...something would go wonky for sure. I've tried to make toffee in the past and ended up with a mess. Sigh...

    I agree with Alanna, if a company doesn't have good customer service, they don't have much at all. Too bad, since their images ARE adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuuuute! and yes that does turn the condensed milk to caramel. I do it every year but use it to make homemade turtles not caramel apples. Yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is super cute! I do have to say that I agree about Magnolia. They have a huge market here that they seem to be not wanting to tap into fully. Such is life I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! It is too bad about the service from Magnolia, hopefully they smarten up about it considering there is such a huge demand over here for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, she's so cute! Haven't made caramel apples here, but it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is ADORABLE! Live the fall colors and you coloring is fantastic!

    Haven't tried to make the caramel myself, but I have a friend who always does and swears it's so easy. Let us know if you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This Tilda is so sweet!
    I have never tried caramel apples, but always wanted to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! I've done the condensed milk thing, and it's awesome, so yummy! We like to dip our apples in it, yum. I made a caramel-apple pie for Thanksgiving last year and it was a hit, but I think I still prefer plain old apple pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sooooooooo cute! Love this DP you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such rich colors...awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful, warm fall colors!! That DP is gorgeous!! Love the purples!! Your coloring is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! You did an awesome job coloring the image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with you!

    She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. super cute card...thanks for the recipe...gotta give that a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. she would make a cute recipe card decoration. lovely card! good luck with making caramel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks