Sunday, October 4, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge Week #44

Today I have something really cool to share! My dear friend Shaela designed this new stamp set for Paper Makeup Stamps and here is a sneak peek. The set is called "Snow Happy" and will be available on October 7th. I'm very honored that Shaela asked me to highlight her new stamp set and thanks to Katie for letting me!

Since this was given to me, the challenge this week is to make a Christmas card with something that was given to you. It can be anything...paper, embellishments, an image, etc. This card is a different size for me, 3 3/4 by 5 1/2, but I really like how my card turned out.

Paper: Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses
Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps
Floss, Copics, Crystal Stickles, Snowflake Punch, PTI Buttons, Nestabilities


Mr. Linky Note: Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL into the Mr. Linky form. Thanks and please still post a comment so I know you added a card!

I had a really good time at Amuse yesterday. The Fun Folds class was really neat and can't wait to use them in some of my future projects. Since it was their anniversary sale, everything was at least 15% off. I came home with 15 new sentiments, the apron lace border punch, and a Copic marker wallet...and spent less than $100. I haven't gotten that good of deal in a long time!

While rummaging through the clearance stamps, Rachel found the perfect stamp for me. It says "holiday sparkle!" Linda, the owner of Amuse, was so sweet and let me have it for free. She said it was the perfect stamp for me and destine for me to have.

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Brent and I will be grocery shopping...and then I don't know. I think Brent has something up his sleeve, lol. But I wouldn't mind a day at home crafting. We shall see.

26 comments:

  1. Cute little snowman! Great card, Sparkle!

    Enjoy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great image, congrats on being asked to highlight it. You've done a super job.

    Sounds like you had a great time and scored on the stamp you were given.

    Hope you have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! How sweet she asked you to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute little snowman! I love the paper choice, the paper pieced scarf and the green snowflake. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO lucky! I LOVE this snowman...your card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute snowman card!
    Love the big glittery snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know you had a nice time! Your card is beautiful and the snowman super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable snowman, I love him!
    Sounds like you had a great day shopping and found some great deals, you have to love that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card! Thank you so much for showcasing some of the stamps, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the paper you used with this cute image! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you had a great time, Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUCH a cute card Sparks!! :) LOVE that pretty DP and the cutie snowman! :) Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is adorable! I got to play along too this week--love these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card-Shaela couldn't have picked a better person to showcase her new stamp.
    Sounds like you had fun at Amuse and scored well. Can't wait to see some cards with your new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card Sparkle. Right up my alley. I love that little snowman.

    Sounds like a good trip to Amuse yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute card!! That snowman is adorable!! Great idea for a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a darling snowman!! I love the simplicity of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darling card - I love that set and may just have to get it when it comes out! I'm hoping to finally get a chance to play along with your challenge this week - we'll see! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a darling card! I love this adorable snowman!
    So glad that you had a great time at Amuse!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Blogs, they always are so fun!!! I am excited to be able to be in one of your contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. your card is waaaayyyy tooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute! I love a good sale too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well isnt he the cutest, like the color combo, digging the stitching and the snowflake!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks