Wednesday, September 23, 2009

80's Anya

Remember when lime green and turquiose spandex was cool?!? I just love this 80's Anya! I use to love making my own shirts with neon puffy paint and rhinestones, lol! And I'm the biggest Karate Kid fan ever! I also used Jen Del Muro's Sketch For You to Try from a couple of weeks ago. I thought the circle paper from my Lime Rickey stack would be fun and I like how my card came out!

Paper: Basic Grey Lime Rickey
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment is Stamping Bella
CTMH Brads, Cuttlebug Embossing, Nestabilities, Copics, Crystal Stickles, Prima Flowers, and Basic Grey buttons


Many of asked...how do I decide who gets what Christmas card? Honestly, I haven't really thought about it. The only people who I know for SURE keep track are my "college/sorority sisters" friends and my MIL. They would remember if I sent them the "same" image prior, so I always keep track of what I send them. I usually make all of my college friends the SAME card, so that makes it easier to remember.

I could probably send most of my Aunts, Uncles, and cousins, the same "image" every year and they probably wouldn't notice, lol...they only keep my picture and replace the old with the new one. I could keep an Excel chart of which card I actually send to someone...but I don't really want to. Guess that just means I have to keep buying new Christmas stamps! Oh, well... :)

In all seriousness though, if you found a couple cute sets at the end of this year, you could just alternate through them through out the year and wouldn't have to invest too much. I swear I have enough Christmas paper to make all of my cards for 2010 already. I plan on mailing out my cards on December 1st and then I will start all over again! I'm really proud of myself this year...so next year I'm gonna work a lot harder on my birthday cards too.

Everyone have a wonderful hump day! 1 more day until Grey's comes back! :)

37 comments:

  1. Wow fabulous card its suer cute!
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwww my fave decade:) super card!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. 80's...spandex....oh my...those were the days :) such a cute card...LOVE the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute Sparkle. That paper works perfectly.

    Interesting to hear about how you will send out Christmas cards. I'm looking forward to deciding who will get what creation from me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 80s girl ~ very cute! What a great sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I LOVE that sentiment-how FUN! Yep, Lime Rickey and 80s Anya are definitely a great combo! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sparkle,
    Your card is soooooooo cute! I love this 80"s Anya, she is adorable! Awesome sentiment too..I love it!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, love all the color! I loved living through the 80's, but I have to say that I can't belive some of the fashion that's returned. I mean NEON again, really? lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know when there are certain Anyas you can't wait to stamp?? Well, 80s Anya is one of them!!! I love what you did with her! The sentiment, how it's so colorful, the stitching....everything is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always you have hit it out of the park with your card...way cute! To keep track of who I send to I just mark the year next to their name in my address book as I address envelopes. An easy and accurate way to keep track. Sorry this is so long...one more comment...I just watched Karate Kid this weekend...Kyler loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just so cute! I can't wait to get my 80's Anya in the mail, I remember it all too well! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card. It's hard to believe that I actually wore those brightly colored spandex pants. lol. And, I remembe puffy paints. They were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWSER!! I love this card!! she is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ack! I love this! Totally 80's, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! Love the Lime Rickey paper with her!! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehehe...we must have been on the same wavelength today. This is super and the layout with the papers are perfect! The colors are so fun and ahhh yes how could I forget Karate Kid...Ralph Machio he was a dream boat.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card and the sketch is fabulous! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! The leggings are my favorite, this was soo me in HS. The sentiment is perfect.
    Kuddos to you on tracking on the Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the card, and you SHOULD be proud of yourself! Okay, so you're going to start on December 1st for next year... I'm going to try and do it with you through 2010! :) I only need about 30 cards (I'm not as popular as you are, lol) but it will be lots of fun. Christmas throughout the year!

    You need a weekly birthday card challenge too, so we can keep up on our birthday cards as well. Hmmm, maybe I'll start doing that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh love this card! I'm still waiting for my 80's Anya to come in! Can't wait to get it and play!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My gosh, this is so adorable! Love the hair on Anya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. great card! Super fun colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute, cute! Awesome job on the color combos. Love this stamp.

    Spandex should definately STAY in the 80's! Especially turquiose! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love her colors~and she is sooooo 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm just loving her spiral perm .... can't wait for these to get to Oz, itching to colour her up!

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  27. Adorable card, Sparkle! I love the colors you've used and the sentiment is just perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sparkle this card is fabulous!
    I love everything about it, the colors, papers, image all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Like...totally awesome! Couldn't resist - I do love the card. Wonderful combination of the image and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You and I totally watch the same shows! Im going to have to PVR Grey's though lol

    ReplyDelete
  31. Adorable!!! I remember the 80's all too well...luckily for me though I've never had the body to withstand spandex so I never even tried putting that on, LOL!! I did wear michael jackson parachute pants though - not afraid to admit that but also don't think I have any pictures to prove it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Too cute! I love this one, Sparkle! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment! Love, Sparks