Saturday, August 22, 2009

Shannon's Diaper Cake

Tomorrow I will be heading down to Portland for my friend Shannon's baby shower. I haven't see her since my wedding, so I'm very excited to see her!

For her gift, I bought the Making Memories 5th Avenue Elizabeth album and paper set. I made a scrapbook album and all she has to do is print and glue pictures down. :) I wanted to make my diaper cake match, so I used the same paper and colors as the album.

Shannon and Will are naming their daughter Alexandra Grace Hamerman. They still haven't picked between "Lexi" and "Alex," so I thought it would be safe to go with her initials.


I got the directions on how to make this from Susan Lile's blog. Click here for the {instructions}. There are full instructions and step-by-step photos in this post. I will not be doing a tutorial on how to make this, so please look at Susan's post if you're interested in making one.

I used Pampers Size 1 Swaddlers for the diapers. I think I used about 80 of them. There is a thing of Baby Powder and a plastic bottle in the middle of the cake as well. You'll also need rubber bands, string, and a cake topper. I bought the pink cow from Target and the cake is sitting on a 16 inch cake base board I got at Party City.

The flowers are from my stash and some are Making Memories that go with the 5th Avenue set. The chipboard letters are old Basic Grey...I bought these while I still lived in Denver, lol. I colored them with my Copics and then put glitter on top of them. :) You'll see that Susan used much more embellishments on her cake, but with the busy paper and bright colors, I felt I didn't need more on my cake.

Everyone have a great Saturday! I'm getting my garbage disposal installed!

33 comments:

  1. Aaaaawwww thats gorjus Sparks. Your friend will be pleased. What a fab idea.

    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and I am sure she will too, such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cake came out gorgeous. Aren't these kind of fun to make? I made one for a friend of mine last yar. I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a cute gift! Have a great day at the baby shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, SO cute! Your friend will love it. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is so adorable! What a fabulous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Sparkle! These are so fun to make - I'm sure she is going to love it!

    Have fun at the shower,

    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just adorable Sparkle :) Thanks for showing us, I'm going to make this for my daughter :) My first grandson is coming in 2-3 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is too cute! Clever and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sparkle, this is so great. Shannon is sure to love it.

    BTW, I love your new blog header. Yeah for football coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That is just so stinkin' cute!!!
    I love that you used her initials! Almost looks like a wedding cake ;)

    Beautiful!

    Oh! and I love your new blog header! Really cute!

    TFS :*) margie

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love this!! What a fabulous gift!

    I love your new blog header too. What a fun rivalry! Around here, we are anxiously awaiting the BSU--Ducks game in two weeks. Mike is going, but I'll be home with the kiddos. We couldn't get enough tickets for everyone to go :( I don't think we'll get lucky and win like last time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Sparkle, that's a gorgeous diaper cake you made for your friend. It is too pretty to be used, lol
    Shannonis going to be thrilled when she sees it!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wanted to make one of these. Yours is adorable. I will have to check out the directions. Your friend is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO cute! You did a fabulous job with it! I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how STINKIN (no pun intended, LOL!) CUTE!!!!! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sparkle...that is so cute! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh that is too stinkin' CUTE!!! I love the piggie and the colors you picked are darling and sophisticated (a new mom totally needs that!!!) She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh this is terrific! What a fun gift to say the least! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  21. This turned out awesome! I love the cow! Wonderful job, I'm sure she'll love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is adorable! Seen them at a few showers, I always wanted to make one. Love that pink cow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This turned out super cute! I have made theses "cakes" before & they are a great gift. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW that is totally ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG Sparkle there is a Trojan add on the side of your blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. She's one lucky gal. Its fabulous! I can only imagine what the scrapbook looks like. How do you ever find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh Sparkle, that's so adorable! I'm sure she'll love it, I know I would. :)

    P.S. I like your new banner with Ducks & Beavers colors. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sparkle, your diaper cake is STUNNING! You outdid your self with this project, I love it and your friend will too!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow...this is absolutely FABulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is just so pretty, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is SO cute! Fabulous job! And I love the new header, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ah, that is SO cute! I've seen these before but yours is the cutest one I've ever seen! I always love your creations - TFS! BTW, your new banner is so cute and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fun, useful, and completely adorable -- what could be a better baby shower gift? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks