Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rome Layout

The theme for Angel's Landing this week is scrapbooking. Unfortunately, I don't have anything AL, but check out the blog to see what the rest of the DT has created.

The 2nd destination on our honeymoon was Rome. Here is a simple and fun layout of Brent and I on Palantine Hill. One of my favorite Disney movies is The Emperor's Groove. I love David Spade! Cheesey me no likey, lol. That story is based on Palantine Hill.

Though Rome is not tropical, I thought the paper was cute. It was in the mid 70's while we were there in October and it was gorgeous weather for sight-seeing. Can you tell that my Chocolate ink pad desperately needs to be re-inked? You can pretend with me that having lighter and darker letters are "cool and trendy," lol.

Paper: Making Memories Great Escape
Stamps: CTMH Hodgepodge Alphabet
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, and Thickers


Everyone have a great hump day!

19 comments:

  1. Love how you gave the Rome layout a tropical feel. Glad to see you doing layouts too. I enjoy these as well as all your gorgeous card creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Sparkle. What a fun place that must have been.

    As far as your chocolate ink pad, I think your stamped letters look fine but I could see how a chocolate ink pad could need reinked. I use mine a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout, Sparkle! Love the papers you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout...I love that movie...cracks me up everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simple layout. The papers are great and I love the way you did the title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout and gorgeous picture. I hope to some day go there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout. I'd love to go to Rome someday and I'm with you on David Spade. He's a crack up! Happy Hump Day back atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! I think the papers are perfect! What great memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful layout! It's simplicity really highlights the beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout. What a fun honeymoon too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great layout! That is one of my favorite movies too, hehe. John and I quote it all the time. My most-often-used phrase is "When are you going to learn that all my ideas are good ones?" hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layout! I need to do some, in my books Owen was just born, he's almost 5! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout!! I love this paper...
    can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful photo, Sparkle, and it's wonderfully showcased on that red background with vibrant DP accents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic layout Sparkle! It truly looks like it was an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! What a great idea to use bright, fun colors for the layout (I'm SO not an out-of-the-box thinker!) I LOVED Rome. I wish I could visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. FAB LO Sparkle!!! I LOVE Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colors in this! Your layout is darling and that is such an awesome scenic picture of you and Brent!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great! that paper just "screams" Italy!!! love it! what a fun memory that's now highlighted beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks