Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My scrap room!

Many have asked, so here are some pictures of my scrap room. I haven't had the chance to really decorate...because you know I had to be responsible. It's lame being a grown up, huh? The house needed blinds, a fridge, and a washer/dryer when we first moved in. Plus, I also bought my car during the same week. Eventually, I want to paint at least 1 wall Sweet Leaf (light green). I also have the Stamping Bella Sistahs wall decal, but I haven't put it up yet.

Here is my desk. I got it at IKEA. I don't have the drawers yet that go with this desk, so I have stuff stored underneath it. I keep my Nesties, paper, and acrylic blocks down there. On my desk, I have my Copics, sewing machine, my carousel, My Acrylix holders filled with 6x6 paper and my Cuttlebug. I store some stamps in my CTMH roller bag too.

You can click on ALL of the pictures to view them larger.


I originally planned on getting a bigger bookshelf, but Brent and I decided to get 2 smaller ones. I'm actually happy with our decision. I'm just excited to finally have a bookshelf that fits my albums! I hope that this will motivate me more to scrapbook.


Since this is just a regular bedroom, I store a ton of stuff in the closet. The rack came with the house and I use the Clip It hooks to hang my stamps. I just slip them in a clear sleeve which you can buy from Clear bags. I organize my cardstock by season and then within each season, it's in rainbow order. Just easier for me to remember. I haven't quite memorized all of the SU colors and order yet, but the CTMH ones are second nature to me. I love having all the colors of both and Papertrey cardstock...as I can almost always seem to find something that will match whatever I'm making. Thank you to all of the generous Wish RAKers out there! I wouldn't be able to have all of the SU colors without your help.


All of the plastic storage was originally my mom's. I've held on to it this long and it's survived a roadtrip to Denver and then to Seattle. :) Here are all of my stacks of precut paper, envelopes, Amuse stamps, and extra stuff that doesn't fit on my MM embellishment center. I might just be like Lori and get another one. I only have CTMH ink pads and desperately need re-inkers now, lol.


Well, I hope you've enjoyed looking at my room. For those who don't have one, please don't get discouraged. Prior, Brent and I lived in a 624 square foot apartment and I stamped on an end table in the dining room that was about 14 inches by 14 inches. Jenn laughed when she saw it because she couldn't believed I made such great work in such a confined area. As long as you make your spot special to you, thats all that matters! And honestly, I miss being by the TV and the computer! :)

26 comments:

  1. Awesome room! Where did you get that shelf for your scrapbooks? I have so many and nothing to put them in.. LOL! Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing pictures of your room!
    It loooks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your room with us Sparkle. I love looking at everyone's space, no matter how big or small, fancy or not. Maybe I'll post pics of mine one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...what a great room. It is so nice to have your own craft space. Wow! you are very organized girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice place! I have to reorganize mine... just don't know where to start :-(

    Thanks for answering me back! HTML sure is helpful. Now I'm planning on purchasing one of those scrapbook digi kits and start playing with it until I design a "decent" banner for my blog... I still don't like how mine looks like :-( So we'll see how it goes. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooooo hooooo...thanks for sharing your space!!! It's pretty fabbie and "matchy matchy"...LOL...check it out...I bought the embellishment center on Sunday via Crop Chocolate and in my excitement realized that I had typed in my address wrong...duh. Anyways, those peeps over at CC are soooooo super nice...I just had to order the jars the next day...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo, I'm so glad you showed us your space! I got so excited when I saw your title this morning on my blog roll. I love to look at everyone's spaces too. There are some great ones on 2peas, too.

    I have those same Expedit book cases from Ikea for my room. I have the size you have and my hubby just bought me the ginormous one for my birthday! I had to work with colors I already had a lot of, so my book cases are the birch color. If I could have totally started over I would have choosen white like you!

    Hopefully I'll get some photos of my room up soon. We have company coming in 2 weeks, so maybe it will be clean by then, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are your Bella Binders?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sparkle. You lucky girl. Love your scrap space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the tour! I'm tuked into a corner and had to create on the floor, but now that we have a coffee table I can use that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics! I love how organized you are. I've had to downsize recently from a room to armoire. I like that it keeps my stuff hidden, but miss all the space. It was either my craft stuff or one of my kids move into an armoire and i love the kiddos a bit more than my supplies.LOL
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved looking into your creative space! I think it's important to be able to see/find things, no matter what the size of your area - it looks like you have things well organized!

    I wanted to paint my stamp/scrap room Sweet Leaf, too, but it ended up closer to Key Lime.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures Sparkle...thanks for the look at your room! In about a year or so I should have my own stamp room but for now I have a corner in my living room. At least I'm by all my guys when I'm stamping this way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you have your room organized. Maybe it will motivate me to clean up mine. I too was wondering where are your Bella Bindahs?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great space!! You are very organized ;) Sweet Leaf will look great in there with the white furniture!! Be sure to show after you paint.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! love your room!! isn't it nice to have your own space...You are so organized....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing craft room ideas! I have to say that your space is much better organized than my area; I'd like to organize, but I seem to end up stamping instead!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute Sparks!! I love that you have a room now!! That is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for showing us where you create Sparkle! It must seem a huge improvement from a 14x14 space!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun room! I bet it's going to be so gorgeous when you finally get to decorate it a bit! I love your bookcase and that rack in the closet was perfect :D It was awesome seeing your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know, Sparkle - I figured you would have more stuff, but this just shows me that you can create beautiful things without all the jazz!!! Paper crafters acquire so much stuff and you've shown that you dont NEED all that.... lol well, maybe some do!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How awesome! Thanks for sharing pictures of you space!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved seeing your craft room! You are so organized, all the way down to the cardstock. :) Thanks for sharing your space with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Great room, so organized! Love it!

    Do you cut all your paper down to 6x6? Sometimes I'll cut mine to 4x6 but then I forget to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome room, Sparkle! I love how you have it all organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Look at all that space to fill up with more paper racks, shelves for more stamps and accessories. Oh I can think of tons of things to put in there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks