Sunday, August 23, 2009

Christmas Card Challenge Week #38

Many of you noticed that I changed my banner. With summer coming to an end, that means college football will be staring soon! :) For those won't don't know me as well, Brent and I went to rival colleges. Our big game at the end of the season is called the Civil War and thats when our schools play each other. Oregon vs Oregon State is actually one of the oldest rivalries in the Pac 10 division. Green is my favorite color...so sadly I went to the wrong University, lol. But I have a new love for orange this year, so I guess it makes up for it!

For this week's Christmas card, I used Taylor's sketch from two weeks ago, which is sketch #77. Sorry, I'm a bit behind with things, lol. You can either use her sketch or just make whatever you want!

Paper: My Minds Eye
Stamps: Whiff of Joy, sentiment is Amuse
Snowflake Punches, Crystal Stickles, PTI Buttons, MS Border Punch, CTMH Ricrac, Copics and Nestabilitie
s

I only got 2 sheets of the new My Minds Eye Christmas paper (was hard not to buy the whole set, lol) and wanted to make some fun cards. I love that it matches Razzleberry just perfectly. Still sad though that Kiwi Kiss is gone. My image is Whiff of Joy, though I got it from Wish RAK.

Mr. Linky Note: Please link directly to the blog post or gallery page where we can view/comment on your creation and not just the generic link to your blog. To get the full url, click the title of your blog post (which will load a page that has just that post on it), then copy and paste the URL into the Mr. Linky form. Thanks and please still post a comment!


Well, I hope you all have a fabulous day! I am looking forward to spending the day with Shannon!

25 comments:

  1. A pretty card Sparkle, Christmas isn't too far away now!

    Hope your well,

    Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and adorable card! And I love these papers!!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card!! I love that paper! Your banner is too cute... Packer colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute. I love the reindeer and the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, Sparkle! Cute papers, fun colors. Your new banner is great, too. Love the story behind it - fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image and love the ric rack! Your new banner looks great and I enjoyed the story as well. :)
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats a fun, cute card. I love the non traditional christmas colors! I'm working on a swap card today and it's a christmas theme. I just may play along in your Christmas card challenge for the first time - woo hoo! I'd better get to work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute card! love your banner:)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your card, what a fun sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so super cute! Love that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your color choices Sparkle very pretty...thank you again for letting me play on your blog..its because of you that I'm doing Christmas cards..LOL!!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your image is so cute and fun! Love the new paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card! Love the new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun banner, Sparkle! Thanks for the explanation, I'd have wondered. LOL

    Love all the projects you've shared over the past few days. That diaper cake is just adorable. As is your wonderful style, love your color and paper choices. Your eye is SO good.

    Have fun at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the pretty and bright colours. I love that Wiff of Joy image, I never thought to crop it like you have, I am going to have to try that. Now to get caught up on your christmas challenges...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! That paper is so fun and I love that cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sparks, this is way cute!!! love the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is cute. Fun image and so well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card!! I absolutely LOVE this reindeer! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Sparkle!! SO CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG- LOVE the banner!!! that's awesome!!! and the card is super, super cute! love the image and your choice of colors and paper is just always spot on! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your banner is too cute! I love the fun colors in this new Christmas line, your card turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute - the reindeer makes me smile. I just love the DP you used and those glitter snowflakes are a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know you saw my card already but I just had to link it 'cuz I actually made one! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks