Saturday, August 15, 2009

Baseball Ian

So remember how I told you I'm behind on my birthday cards?!? It was my friend Scot's birthday yesterday and here is the card I made. He's gonna get it late, but I did wish him a Happy Birthday yesterday.

And no, he's not turning 3, lol. Baseball is Scot's favorite sport and his favorite number is 3. When I saw this paper, I knew I had to use it. I also picked neutral colors, because Scot is color blind.

Paper: CTMH
Stamps: The Greeting Farm, sentiment is Amuse
CTMH Brads and Copics


Scot has been one of my best friends since we were freshmen in high school. His twin Randy, is one of my cousin Chris's best friends, so the 4 of us have always been close. After high school, Chris moved to Minnesota (though just moved back to OR this summer!) and Randy went to fight forest fires. Scot and I both went to Oregon State and graduated the same year. It was really nice to see my cousin Chris and Scot at my grandma's funeral.

Well, I hope you all have a great Saturday! Brent and I are going to the Mariner's game! And we're playing the Yankees! Hail to the garlic fries, lol.

25 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this card Sparkle, and the neutral colours look gorgeous with it! Thanks for sharing your story of you and your friends :O). Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv the masculin feel of it..
    Have a great Weekend,
    Maggie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so darling Sparkle. I love those Game on papers and Ian looks just perfect. Have fun at the baseball game. I'll root for anyone over the Yankees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet of you! The card is awesome and I'm sure Scot will just love it. I really like the PP that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I never tire of Game On paper! Love the stitched circle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing such a great card and a wonderful friendship story to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card! What a cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great guy card! Have fun at the game today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on working in the 3 and making it so neutral.

    I KNOW the Yankee game will be on here at our house so I'll watch for you!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun card! I love how you colored your Ian. Have a great time at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute card! have fun at the game. In all the years I lived in Seattle, I never went to see the Mariners, Sonics, or Seahawks. But my dad and brothers did!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect guy card. Love the way you used minimal colors with the fabulous neutral background.

    Have fun at your game. Hopefully the Mariner's will beat the Yankees to help pull up our Red Sox standings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card!! That sporty little guy is perfect with the Game On papers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute, Sparkle! I just ordered the Twilight inspired stamps from AI and can't wait to use them w/ Baseball ian LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ian is SO adorable! Great masculine card with some cuteness, too! Have a great time at the game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. He is SO cute! The papers you used with the image go perfectly together! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome card!!! Love the papers and the way you made the #3 stand out! Great coloring! Ian's just too cute!
    TFS :*)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...your card is "HOT" Sparkle! I LOVE everything about it!!! Fantastic job!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a super cute and super fun card! love that cute little image!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a very special friend, indeed, for you to be sensitive to a colorblind friend -- and everything about this card was special for him. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do have a soft spot for this paper! And you used it to perfection Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely FANTABULOUS Sparkle! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card!! I'm really liking him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is awesome! Wonderful job, hope the game was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks