Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Created By Courtney Challenge #41

Today's challenge is suppose to be a summer beach theme. Since I wasn't home all weekend, I didn't really get to make anything for it. I kindof cheated...and I hope you're all sitting down. I actually scrapbooked! :)

If you're new or newer to my blog...these pictures were taken last summer at my bachelorette party. Shannon and Catherine were my roommates in college, hence the name "roomies." I miss them tons as we all live in separate states now. But I'm excited to see Shannon at her baby shower in August. And I found out last week that Catherine will be coming home for Christmas! :)

Paper: My Minds Eye Breaking Free
Stamps: CTMH Hodgepodge Alphabet
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, and Thickers


Journaling: The girls took me to Henry's and we got martinis and sushi. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed it. Now when I visit home, I always look forward to going there.

This layout has been sitting on the floor for the last 6 weeks. Marjorie and Pat always make such lovely layouts and they totally inspire me. I think I'm ready to move out of my scrapping hiatus. I have over a thousand pictures of my wedding and my honeymoon. After I printed them all, I told myself I wouldn't print out anymore until I finished scrapping them. I think I'm gonna break that, since I think scrapping pics of Michael and Emily will help me get my scrapping mojo back.

You guys always say I'm the trendy one, but I know I'm the last to be on the thicker's bandwagon. I'm seriously addicted to them now...and my cricut still needs to be unpacked, lol.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the team's projects. All of them are listed here in this CBC Challenge Chicks list. If you play along with us, remember to link your creation to Courtney's blog, and you could win a prize from Courtney! If you upload to SCS, the keyword is CBCC41.

Everyone have a great Tuesday!

31 comments:

  1. Good morning Sparks this is such a lovely page hunny what great photos and gorgeous papers. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout. You guys look like you had such a blast. There is nothing better than a good time with your college friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's so not fair! Not only are you awesome at card making, but you scrapbook too? UGH! ;) Love this layout and wonderful design - you all look like you were just having the best time. That's the type of bachelorette party I love - when it's spent with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN layout....I ♥♥ thickers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job Sparkle. Gorgeous layout and how fun. I do think that you shouldn't pressure yourself into only scrapping one thing until it's done. If printing pics out of your siblings will help get your scrapping mojo back, then I say go for it. And I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOHOO!! Awesome layout, Sparkle! So glad that you're going to try scrapbook more. Wait - when is the last time I actually scrapped myself?? Hahaha, I guess I need to pull out some pics too. Good luck with those wedding pictures - I still have a few of mine to do from 6 years ago - ack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout Sparkle! I used to enjoy seeing all of your scrapbooking on the CTMH boards, so I'm excited to see more now. I have only scrabooked about 6 layouts ever, so I really need to get on it!

    I still haven't tried the thickers. I guess I'll have to give them a whirl, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, you did a page. I've done more in the last couple of weeks than I've done in months. I love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout, Sparkle!!
    cute title

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a GREAT page Sparkle! I'm almost ready to get back into scrapbooking too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on making such a gorgeous page Sparkle. Lovely photo's and I bet they will be treasured
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful page!! I love these papers and your layered flowers. It's so awesome to see you scrapbook. You have a natural knack for it! I too try to get myself to scrap by telling myself I can't print out any more pictures until I get so much done. It never works out that way though. I always cave and print more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful layout! The tropical flowers make it perfect for the CBCC challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm, your blog says exactly what I have been thinking...perhaps it's time to scrapbook again. Maybe that could be your new challenge...scrapbooking! You challenges seem to get my mojo going...either way, it's a great layout. Such fun memories, wedding are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout, Sparkle. So nice to see you scrapping again. I have missed seeing your pages. Hope this is the beginning of many more pages to come.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect page for the girls -- it's feminine, yet still elegant and looks like everyone was having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I saw this on my blog updates, I was like "What?! Do I see a scrapbook layout?".

    Awesome job. Love the colors. Good to know that the Primas still make a showing on your LOs too. Ha ha! I need to do more scrapping too.

    Stop by for some BLOG CANDY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful layout. You should scrapbook more often. I know its easier to say but harder to do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sparks, this is great!! I love the paper and the layout is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HEyyyyyy a layout!!! and a BEAUTIFUL one too. I love it. Great pictures you used.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm... yes indeed Sparkle, you reminded me that I should get back into my scrapbooking too. Great colours and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Layout, it has been so long since I have done a page!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome layout! I love the color scheme and agree with you on thickers. I love them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great page which would bring up great memories for you girls to cherish. Such a sweet layout!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful layout! And great way to keep the memories! So glad that you will have a chance to see your roommies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty layout Sparkle! I love terrific colors and thickers also!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous layout! And thickers are just the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun layout! Love that designer paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks