Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthday Wishes Dragon

Sorry for posting so late today...I'm actually posting in real time for once. I have today off of work, so I'm at home. :) I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. Mine's been hectic, but I really appreciate all the sweet comments I got about my grandma. They really mean alot to me.

I have loads of DT stuff to do and I hope to get everything done before I leave again on Friday. Here's a card I just finished for KL Stampin n Scrappin. By now you all must know how much I lovey my Basic Grey paper. Everytime though I can't get my black buttons to photograph right...guess I'll have to work on that.

Paper: Basic Grey June Bug
Stamps: Stampavie, Sentiment is PTI
Prima Flowers, Bella Baubles, Copics, and PTI Buttons


When my parents first moved to Portland in 1981, my grandma lived with them. Slowly, all of my dad's siblings migrated to California, except my Aunt Nancy, who still lives in Oregon today. My grandma lived with us until I went to school, so I was about Emily's age. Obviously she was much younger and active at that time and I remember being very close to my grandma.

Though my dad is the oldest of 15, he was one of the last to have children. Most of my cousins are older than I and until I was in college, we spent many holidays, weddings, and graduations in Fresno. I haven't been since 2001, when my Uncle Tom passed away. But once we go down there, it'll be nice to see all my family.

My cousin Chris, the closest one to me (we're born 2 weeks apart) is buying a house down there and moving from Minnesota. It'll be nice to see Chris and his wife, since I haven't seen him since my wedding.

Well, thank you if you've lasted through all my rambling. I'm off to do some chores. Everyone have a great Monday!

20 comments:

  1. Cute card!! I love that paper too! I just ordered it for my store :)
    Safe travels!!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card. have a safe trip....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your grandma. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute! Love this paper and image. Great colors.
    Thanks for sharing about your family!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, so cute! Love your image and the paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dragon is too cute.

    Enjoy your time with family-this will be a good chance to relive all the happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's a handsome dragon! Great paper too. I think I may need some of that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great-looking card, Sparkle! Thanks for sharing your memories of your grandma. Enjoy your time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is adorable Sparkle! Your dragon is too cute and the DP...very yummy!
    hugs
    Risa:)
    p.s. Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that you'll get to see your family. When my grandfather passed away last year, I was so torn apart because we were very close. When all the family got together for his funeral, all of my cousins and I starting talking and reminiscing and helping one another. Although it was painful at times, the love and support of my family helped so much. I pray that the time with your family will help as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute card! I love Basic Grey papers too!
    Thank you for sharing about your family, Sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great job with the new BG papers! adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Sparkle! I love that green black combo.
    Sounds like you have a large family! You are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sparkle...this is an adorable card! Love that dragon. I'm glad you will get to see your family. I know you will savor your time together and make many more memories. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh goodness what a fun dragon, colored perfectly and your choice of papers always draws admiration from me! Wish I had the same "knack."

    Thank you so much for sharing a bit about your family. I hope your trip will provide you with the opportunity to celebrate your grandmother's life and enjoy the comfort and support of your family during this difficult time. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is SO cute! I love that little dragon! And your coloring is fabulous as always! :)

    I hope you have a safe trip and get to enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like the dragon stamps you've been using. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the contrasting colours on this card its beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks