Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bella Show and Tell Challenge #2 - PMSabella Card

This month's challenge is to make a card showing what you do when you need a little less hard time and a little more bliss. Do you garden? Do you listen to music? Read a book? Take a bath? Go shopping? Stamp? Whatever it is, we want to see it! Please use the keyword BSAT2 when you're uploading to the Bella Forum.

One of my favorite things to do when I'm really sad is to watch my favorite movie, Love Actually. Though it's a Christmas movie, I can watch it year round. I know I used PMSabella for my card, but she's the closest one to resemble a movie night on the couch.

Paper: Basic Grey Lemonade
Stamps: Stamping Bella
Prima Flowers, PTI Buttons, Copics, and Nestabilities


I know the whole movie by heart now, but it makes me laugh, cry, and just love it even more every time I see it. You're either a Hugh Grant fan or you're not. I forgive you if you're not a fan, lol. If you haven't watched it, I really recommend it. It has multiple plots within the movie, so even if you don't like Hugh Grant, it's not like the whole movie revolves around him. Fair warning, this movie is not for kiddos...so adults only. (But I think you can get an edited version.)

A $15 gift voucher to Stamping Bella will be awarded for EVERY WEEKLY CHALLENGE! Each winner will be randomly drawn and will be announced in the challenge thread one week after the challenge is posted.

I will be drawing my winner today for last week's summer challenge. Everyone have a great Thursday! Is anyone else a huge Big Brother fan?!? Don't forget, it's the season premiere tonight!

27 comments:

  1. Hi Sparkle!! I apologize, I have been meaning to come to your blog home for a while now and congratulate you on being a gardener! Woohoo!! :D I love love love this bella image. She is probably one of my top 5 faves since she's so content on that big old chair. Your coloring and combo is awesome and I love that movie. It gives so much hope. Enjoy BB premiere tonight, I am now a loyal follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!!! I gotta get some of the new BG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the colors and PMS Bell definetly can resemble a couch potato. I've used her for the same thing.

    Sometimes there is nothing better than just lounging and watching a good movie. We all need to find time occasionally to sit and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Sparkle! The image is so cute! Colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Sparkle! Ha I love your quote from the Sugarland song at the top of your post ;) Your Bella is colored beautifully and I LOVE that DP! Great layout and FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Sparkle. I love how you only stamped part of the Bella. Great job with all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I have yet to use that Bella! For me, for my time I would have to use Stampingbella.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! I love how you gave the stamp a new meaning. Very creative!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your card! I usually curl up with a movie too; my favorite is Ever After. I went to see it 8 times in the theatre, haha. I need to get over there to the Bella Forum - not that our release is over for the month, I'll have time to play with my other favorite rubber. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My sister is the same way about that movie! Love the colors on this card, and your coloring always looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love everything about this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderfully colorful. You know how to color Bella's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! My go to movie is Mama Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is just adorable! I love the colors you chose and the layout is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute! I love this image. I'm totally feeling like her lately. gorgeous paper. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL Sparkle I am doing just what your image is right now, stuffing my face with naughtys lol, gorgeous card love the striking colours. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is lovely! Great job, love the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, I love those rich colors! I'll have to check out that movie too, I haven't seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Wonderful job, the colors are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card makes me happy just viewing it! Beautiful colors and the the image/sentiment combo is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card Sparkle! Bella's doing exactly what I like doing too. I just recently watched Love Actually for the first time and I LOVED it!!

    Hugh Grant is one of my many boyfriends, so of course I loved him in it, but I loved all the different plot lines and I can't believe it took me this long to see it. I remember wanting to see it when it was in the theatre, but never went.

    Also, can't wait for BB tonight!! My hubby's out of town, so my friend and I already have it planned to watch it together when the kiddos are in bed! I wonder who the surprise guest will be???

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these colors! Very striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sparkle, great colors and I love the stitching! She does look like she's watching a move, love it and I'm a Hugh Grant fan too. :)
    cheers,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous Bella card! Your color is always so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love Actually is a great movie and I love Hugh Grant.
    There is a PMSabella??? LOL
    I LOVE the color combo of your card it is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I feel the same way Sparkle! I watch a movie or read a book...sometimes a good laugh makes me feel so much better.
    Your card is gorgeous, I love everything about it!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hear ya! Lounging is one of my favourite things to do when I'm in need of some bliss! Love the papers and beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks