Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vancouver, BC

So the slacker that I am...I've waited until now to book our hotel for the Olympics. I lucked out and found this really cute Bed and Breakfast and it's right in Vancouver. It seems like every hotel from Seattle to Vancouver is sold out for the month of February 2010.


I'm excited to see the men's quarter final hockey playoffs in the GM Place, but kindof sad that we won't be seeing the Canucks, lol. I know it's going to be a crazy time, but I'm looking forward to my first Olympic experience. I'm still trying to convince Brent into Summer Olympics 2012 in London. :) Wouldn't that be a great 4 year anniversary?!?




9 comments:

  1. WOW you are SO lucky to be going to the Olympics! woohoo for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Sometimes I wish we were still living down there. I know you will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sparkle, I went to Sydney in 2000 and the atmosphere was awesome. have a great time. Well worth it, believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Lucky!" (in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice ;) ) Glad you found a place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on scoring a good deal. I'm sure you will have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun for you all. Sounds like a good thing you booked when you did. I can't believe they're only 8 months away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoooo Hoooooo...I can't wait for this event...I LOVE the Olympics! (Both Winter and Summer!)
    hugs
    Risa:)
    p.s. (Although I won't be there to see the events live, I'll be watching as much as possible!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sparkle, I'm glad you found a great place. My husband will be at a hockey game on Feb 23rd, with his brothers. We tried to find a hotel too, and guess what we found out? The Olympic Committee books all hotel rooms for the weeks before and during the Olympics until the end of August. Everything. Athletes from different countries then go directly to the Committee to book their hotels (before August)without having to worry about availability. After August, all left over rooms go back on the market. We were told that they do this for every Olympics to ensure that all the participants and their families/teams/coaches etc have rooms. I don't know how true it is, but it will be interesting to see if rooms open up in September. Lucky for my husband, his brother lives in Vancouver! When we watch the game looking for hubby, I'll look for you too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you found a hotel :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I truly appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! Love, Sparks